Help Please ! HD 6870

Hi,

I am building a new PC

here goes the specs :

Corsair 400R Mid Tower Cabinet
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler
HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6870 IceQ X GPU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002)
ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard
AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor
Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) x 2

Just one question is the "HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6870 IceQ X" compatible with the motherboard as it is PCI-E 2.1 Bus std and the sapphire one is 2.0 std ????

I am a real noobie so plz suggest and please suggest if rest of the part are compatible with each other :)

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about help 6870
  1. yeah it is, but i don't reccomend that cpu, how much are you paying for this?

    I would def change a few of the parts.
  2. milkshakez7z said:
    yeah it is, but i don't reccomend that cpu, how much are you paying for this?

    I would def change a few of the parts.


    Thanks for the reply but going anything above that CPU is beyond my budget ... Already i extended my initial budget .... :(

    But still can u suggest some good CPU at same price range ??
  3. milkshakez7z said:
    yeah it is, but i don't reccomend that cpu, how much are you paying for this?

    I would def change a few of the parts.



    Should i go with the AMD 3.3 Phenom II 560 Processor ??
    as all the others are over my budget so thats the reason i slashed the budget of CPU and bought a good GPU :D
  4. how much are you paying for this? I would get a 7850 over that 6870 and get a 6300 over the 4100.
  5. milkshakez7z said:
    how much are you paying for this? I would get a 7850 over that 6870 and get a 6300 over the 4100.



    i am paying more than 43k almost 800$.
    So, is that "Sapphire AMD HD 7850 1GB OC GDDR5 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card"
    compatible with the motherboard ? so i cant get it with just few extra bucks :D
  6. woah for $800 you can get a WAY better pc than that. here let me go get a build for you.

    this will perform much better.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.29 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($28.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($229.98 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $760.19
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-18 10:23 EST-0500)
  7. milkshakez7z said:
    woah for $800 you can get a WAY better pc than that. here let me go get a build for you.

    this will perform much better.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.29 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($28.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($229.98 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $760.19
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-18 10:23 EST-0500)


    Hey, thanks for ur reply but u see in india prices aren't cheap as in US !
    This spec will cost me around 1143$ which is not affordable for me :(

    instead i have now decided to go for :

    Motherboard ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard

    Processor AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor

    Ram Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)

    Internal Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002)

    Psu Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU

    Graphics Card Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7850 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

    Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler

    Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet

    Just four quick questions then i am done :

    1. "Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7850" is it compatible with ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard ?? (as it is 3.0)
    2. Will "Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet" fit in the motherboard and cooler ??
    3. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM x 2 - "DDR3-1600/PC3-12800" this is comaptible with the motherboard ???
    4. "Memory Type Supported: DDR3-1866 " - AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor so DDR3-1600 should also work right ?

    I know these questions are very basic but its my first build so i am always confused :(

    Thanks for your help and patience :D
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build HD Systems Product