Radeon HD 4850 Toxic idle temp high

Hello everyone,
I have two Radeon Hd 4850 graphic cards running in crossfire in my computer. I recently overclocked the processor to get some added power when i play Borderlands 2. I downloaded speedfan to monitor the temps of my processor and other components. It seems like my processor is at a good temp, but i noticed that my master graphics card is running hotter than what people have recorded in reviews of it.

- I was just wondering if this is a normal temp for my card and if so, what would you recommend to cool my card.

Specs:
Graphics
Master: sapphire Radeon HD 4850 Toxic
-idle: about 70c Load: 100 - 110c
Slave: some other Raeon 4850
Core 2 Duo e4300 OC 2.3
3 GB ram
intel Bad ax 2 (D975xbx2)
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 4850 toxic idle temp high
  1. Speedfan.............. isn't the best and most accurate utility to use....
    try some other one and then see.
  2. back in 2008 december , i had almost the same rig as u!! don't know the mobo, but the processor was a core 2 duo e7400 O.C to 3.0 GHz , and HD 4870,l 3 gb ram ,, and i had the same problem , gpu temps were unbearable!!! over 100c when gaming!!!! and the problem was with the gpu fan , it was not working properly , so i replaced it with a new one!! the problem was solved , ,, but your issue seems a bit different,.,.,.,..,! u shud still check the fans!
  3. thanks, yeah after i posted i checked the fan on my card and it had some small build up of dust on it so i cleaned it off. I do this about once a month and i guess that it was about time. the temps are a little better by about 10 degrees. I would say that its a little closer to the temps i want. thanks for the help guys.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Processors HD Graphics