Radeon HD 4850 Toxic idle temp high

robohazard

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hello everyone,
I have two Radeon Hd 4850 graphic cards running in crossfire in my computer. I recently overclocked the processor to get some added power when i play Borderlands 2. I downloaded speedfan to monitor the temps of my processor and other components. It seems like my processor is at a good temp, but i noticed that my master graphics card is running hotter than what people have recorded in reviews of it.

- I was just wondering if this is a normal temp for my card and if so, what would you recommend to cool my card.

Specs:
Graphics
Master: sapphire Radeon HD 4850 Toxic
-idle: about 70c Load: 100 - 110c
Slave: some other Raeon 4850
Core 2 Duo e4300 OC 2.3
3 GB ram
intel Bad ax 2 (D975xbx2)

hamzazahid

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
back in 2008 december , i had almost the same rig as u!! don't know the mobo, but the processor was a core 2 duo e7400 O.C to 3.0 GHz , and HD 4870,l 3 gb ram ,, and i had the same problem , gpu temps were unbearable!!! over 100c when gaming!!!! and the problem was with the gpu fan , it was not working properly , so i replaced it with a new one!! the problem was solved , ,, but your issue seems a bit different,.,.,.,..,! u shud still check the fans!

robohazard

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
thanks, yeah after i posted i checked the fan on my card and it had some small build up of dust on it so i cleaned it off. I do this about once a month and i guess that it was about time. the temps are a little better by about 10 degrees. I would say that its a little closer to the temps i want. thanks for the help guys.