DVD brand in XP problem

Hi All,

I tried to brand DVD in WinXP explorer the same way like branding a CD (Drag
& Drop), and got a message either no DVD in the driver or the a full DVD.
Then, I tried Nero and found an option DVD, that worked fine.
So, I think perhaps I missed an option in Win Explorer, but I can't find it.
Can someone tell me what I missed?

Another problem, my DVD-rom in notebook can no longer read CD, but can read
DVD well. Does anyone know if it's hardware failure or something I can do
about it (It's very hard to find that replacement for laptop)?

Thanks for any tip,
Anony

The built in burning function in XP does not support DVDs, only CDs. So you
haven't missed anything, it never was available in the first place!

Re the notebook, I believe the combo drives use different lasers for CD vs.
DVD, so it may well be a dirty laser. Have you tried a simple cleaning kit?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com