Transferring operating systems & settings from backup to new harddrive

Little Willie

Honorable
May 11, 2012
My home build is now a couple of years old and I want to fit a 1-1/2 Tb hard drive, I have Windows 7 pro 64 bit and everything is backed up to a 2 Tb external drive with a repair disk and I have the original Windows disk, could anyone tell me the best way in simple terms to transfer everything from the old hard drive to the new one, operating system and settings and programs, everything.
I know how to install from the Windows 7 disk, but what I want is to put my settings and programs and if possible the windows 7 onto the new drive from my backup, I have used the Windows backup & Restore that comes with Windows 7 and I have a system image as well as the repair disk, there are no partitions to worry about.

Thanking you all in advance.
Little Willie

hmmstefanie

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012

Hi, as for transferring everything from the old hard drive to the new one, you can try the function of clone. Here I would like to suggest you two freeware that I have used before. First, it is the AOMEI Data Backuper, you can easily image Windows 7 hard drive to a new hard disk by its function of clone. Also, you can try Partition Assistant Home Edition. It also has the function of partition/disk clone. Moreover, it has a special function of Migrate OS to SSD as well. You can see the video of disk clone in Windows 7 through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG8OsuOcSVk
I hope it can help you resolve your problem.

TRENDING THREADS