Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Newly Built PC but no picture displayed

Last response: in Systems
November 18, 2012 11:11:58 AM

Hye!

Okay, straight to the point.. i have sort of problems here..

This is my Specs:

AMD Phenom X2 260 Dual Core
AMD 970 AM3+ Mobo
Nvidia N210 1GB DDR3 GFX
Custom Heatsink Cooler Master T2 Blizzard
500 GB HDD WD
4GB Kingston RAM DDR3
and Cheap 220W PSU come with Chassis for FREE

My problem is, i have built it... external.. not attached to chassis.. CPU, GFX running well... but there are no picture.. ihave no problem wif both of it b4....

I think there are some low power supply bcoz im used that cheap PSU.... but do you have any idea...

Ps: I never cause a spark or static charges during my built....

Best solution

November 18, 2012 12:53:02 PM

I would replace the PSU, regardless. When a cheap PSU fails, it can take out the MB and other components. If everything is attached correctly, I would also suspect the PSU is the issue.
November 18, 2012 1:06:48 PM

I agree with the PSU comment... 220W is probably not enough anyway... You should add up what each components power needs are and then buy a PSU that is higher than that.

Check the memory chips, make sure they are seated well. Take the chip(s) out and reseat them. It looks like you might only have 1 chip but if you have 2, try one at a time.
m
l
Related resources
November 19, 2012 10:19:15 PM

Basically, when i attach the power cord to the DVD drive and HDD, it working, but whenever i attached the SATA cable, both will be idle and not function.. I read somewhere said that low PSU can lead to failed data transfer from HDD... is it true? So if everything ok, only change PSU?
m
l
November 20, 2012 12:29:17 AM

There's no gaurantee that another problem doesn't exist but I think it will be hard to determine without a different PSU.
m
l
November 20, 2012 3:19:44 AM

i did what u said, and its going well... but now i have other problem... my pc only show white blank.... my gfx all ok.... why?
m
l
November 20, 2012 11:27:00 PM

Best answer selected by tukjanggut.
m
l
June 6, 2013 4:38:30 AM

BadAsAl said:
I agree with the PSU comment... 220W is probably not enough anyway... You should add up what each components power needs are and then buy a PSU that is higher than that.

Check the memory chips, make sure they are seated well. Take the chip(s) out and reseat them. It looks like you might only have 1 chip but if you have 2, try one at a time.

I've changed the PSU to 700W Aerocool E80.... but the thing is, CPU fan, and GFX running well, but somehow on monitor it said no video input... and my optical drive kept showing the blinking green... not open when i push the button... any ideas?
m
l
!