Canon USB printer

a b \ Driver
June 27, 2004 3:59:21 AM

I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer doesn't do
anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the spare
hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen times.
What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I think
I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.

More about : canon usb printer

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 27, 2004 3:59:22 AM

After you connected the unit to the PC, you did turn the printer ON didn't
you?
www.coribright.com

"John Doe" <bigmac_4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
> software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer doesn't
> do
> anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the spare
> hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
> Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen times.
> What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I
> think
> I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 28, 2004 4:53:25 AM

Yes, several times. For some reason the MS USB Print driver refuses to
install and doesn't recognize that there was anything plugged into the USB
port.
"Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
news:o py0nr%23WEHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> After you connected the unit to the PC, you did turn the printer ON didn't
> you?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "John Doe" <bigmac_4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
> > software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer doesn't
> > do
> > anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the
spare
> > hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
> > Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen
times.
> > What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I
> > think
> > I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 28, 2004 4:53:26 AM

Is there another PC you can try to install the printer to so we can rule out
problems with the unit itself. l have had one Canon (out of many) blow its
power unit. No power to the printer and obviously nothing for XP to see.

The other thing you might want to rule out is a bad USB cable.

!