Canon USB printer

I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer doesn't do
anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the spare
hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen times.
What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I think
I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.
3 answers Last reply
More about canon printer

    After you connected the unit to the PC, you did turn the printer ON didn't
    you?
    www.coribright.com

    "John Doe" <bigmac_4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
    > software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer doesn't
    > do
    > anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the spare
    > hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
    > Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen times.
    > What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I
    > think
    > I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Yes, several times. For some reason the MS USB Print driver refuses to
    install and doesn't recognize that there was anything plugged into the USB
    port.
    "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > After you connected the unit to the PC, you did turn the printer ON didn't
    > you?
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "John Doe" <bigmac_4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
    > > software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer doesn't
    > > do
    > > anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the
    spare
    > > hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
    > > Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen
    times.
    > > What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I
    > > think
    > > I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Is there another PC you can try to install the printer to so we can rule out
    problems with the unit itself. l have had one Canon (out of many) blow its
    power unit. No power to the printer and obviously nothing for XP to see.

    The other thing you might want to rule out is a bad USB cable.

    > Yes, several times. For some reason the MS USB Print driver refuses to
    > install and doesn't recognize that there was anything plugged into the USB
    > port.
    > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >> After you connected the unit to the PC, you did turn the printer ON
    >> didn't
    >> you?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "John Doe" <bigmac_4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have a canon Multi pass printer. I followed all directions, installed
    >> > software then plugged in printer cable and NOTHING. The computer
    >> > doesn't
    >> > do
    >> > anything. I plugged the usb into the main computer, the keyboard the
    > spare
    >> > hub nothing. My computer won't recognize a printer in the usb ports.
    >> > Everything else works on usb. I have re-installed the thing a dozen
    > times.
    >> > What driver am I missing? I found out about a usbprinter driver that I
    >> > think
    >> > I installed. I installed every XP option on the cd. Nothing.

Drivers Computers Canon USB Printers Windows XP