Sign in with
Your question

Samsung T240 Screen Flicker With Horizontal Lines/Blocks

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 22, 2012 6:15:34 PM

So I have a 24" Samsung T240 monitor that is out of warranty and is having flickering issues. It will be fine for a while after powering on, then it will start to flicker horizontal lines on the right side of the display. After a while it will return to normal, then it will get really bad, the lower 3rd of the monitor will glitch in and out with a very fast flicker in chunks of the display. Then it will return to normal like nothing is wrong and sure enough it starts again out of the blue. I completely disassembled the monitor and the power board doesn't have any failing capacitors with bulges. What recommendation can you give me on replacement parts off eBay. Do you think it's the control circuit board or whatever it's called?
September 27, 2012 6:27:57 AM

smkngunz said:
So I have a 24" Samsung T240 monitor that is out of warranty and is having flickering issues. It will be fine for a while after powering on, then it will start to flicker horizontal lines on the right side of the display. After a while it will return to normal, then it will get really bad, the lower 3rd of the monitor will glitch in and out with a very fast flicker in chunks of the display. Then it will return to normal like nothing is wrong and sure enough it starts again out of the blue. I completely disassembled the monitor and the power board doesn't have any failing capacitors with bulges. What recommendation can you give me on replacement parts off eBay. Do you think it's the control circuit board or whatever it's called?

Really? Not a single reply in a couple days... Is this the wrong thread? Any input would be helpful before I go buying parts for this monitor willy nilly.
!