Is the GTX590 compatible with ASUSP8Z68-VPro?

RVR87

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
And will it fit along side my current CPU 560GTX-Ti?

I'd like to use the GTX590 as my main card and use the 560-ti for PhysX.

It should fit since the GeForce GTX 590 is only a double-slot width card. There should be one empty slot width of space between both graphics cards if you don't place a PCI card in that empty slot.

Is your power supply unit able to supply at least 70 Amps or greater on its combined +12V rail(s) to handle this configuration? Does it also have two 6-pin and two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors?

RVR87

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

I'm not sure. I have Corsair HX 750 W PSU....

I also own and use a Corsair HX750W with my ASUS P8Z68-V PRO.

The Corsair HX750W has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps and comes with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

It would be sufficient if you don't overclock the graphics cards and/or CPU and then run Furmark or OCCT GPU or some equivalent GPU stress testing utility.

If you're planning on overclocking then you will need to upgrade the power supply unit to handle it.

RVR87

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

I probably would want to do a safe/moderate overclock. What power supply would you recommend?

I would suggest that you try it with the current power supply.

The Corsair HX750W is actually over engineered and will most likely handle your moderate overclock with no problem. Just don't run any GPU stress testing utilities.

If you want to upgrade anyway I would suggest a reputable name brand 1000 Watt PSU that will handle a high overclock of both of the graphics cards and also the CPU while also running any GPU and CPU stress testing utility. Something like the Seasonic Platinum Series SS-1000XP or the XFX ProSeries 1000W P1-1000-BELX which is based on the Seasonic.