Sign in with
Your question

Will These PSU's Fit These Specs?

Last response: in Systems
November 18, 2012 5:13:11 PM

Hey Guys, I'm Getting A New Graphics Card, And PSU For Christmas, And I'm Just Checking With You Guys If This Stuff Goes Together, There Are 2 PSU's For Me To Choose From, And I Will List Them Both. Thanks For Your Time :) 

1st PSU = http://www.ebuyer.com/269259-corsair-600w-cx-series-v2-...

2nd PSU = http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-P1-550S-XXB9-PRO550W-Editio...

PC Specs

NovaTech Galaxy III Case
GA-M68MT-S2 Motherboard
AMD FX 4100 Processor
4GB Patriot Double Sided RAM
(Will Be Getting) Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Thanks For The Help, I Need To Know If They Both Fit, If They Do I Will Be Going With The 600w One :) 

More about : psu fit specs

a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 5:14:14 PM

Both will be more than adequate and work fine. THe XFX has a longer warranty, but the Corsair has higher wattage and is 80 plus certified which means it a more efficient unit. I'd agree out of those two, the Corsair is the one to get.
November 18, 2012 5:22:26 PM

twelve25 said:
Both will be more than adequate and work fine. THe XFX has a longer warranty, but the Corsair has higher wattage and is 80 plus certified which means it a more efficient unit. I'd agree out of those two, the Corsair is the one to get.

Thanks Dude :)  The 600w It Is, Ill Just Wait Out Some More Replies Just To Be Sure ! :) 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 5:39:29 PM

Processor wattage = 95W at spec, so mayb2 125W with reasonable overclock
7850 is 110W at spec, 7870 is 130. You have an OC card, use 130W.
The rest of your system uses about 50W max.

Net: your system will burn less than 300W maxed.

Both the PSUs you spec will work.

Corsair builder series has a good reputation/reviews. I don't knwo anything good ro bad about the XFX. If you want to save money a 450W unit like the Antec VP-450 will cost a bit less and will work fine. But the last PSU I bought was a 650w for a system that I've measured can't pull more than 300w from the wall.

If you later want to measure what you actually pull at the wall a "kill-a-watt" meter is cheap. Google it. A UPS with a gauge is more expense (minimum 1000 volt-amps for your rig). Both will show you pulling less that 250W at the wall in any reasonable game, and less then 300 under artificial stress. (note the wall measurements include PSU efficiency so an 80% efficient PSU pulling 200W at the wall is actually only sending 160W into the PC.)

November 18, 2012 5:43:01 PM

tsnor said:
Processor wattage = 95W at spec, so mayb2 125W with reasonable overclock
7850 is 110W at spec, 7870 is 130. You have an OC card, use 130W.
The rest of your system uses about 50W max.

Net: your system will burn less than 300W maxed.

Both the PSUs you spec will work.

Corsair builder series has a good reputation/reviews. I don't knwo anything good ro bad about the XFX. If you want to save money a 450W unit like the Antec VP-450 will cost a bit less and will work fine. But the last PSU I bought was a 650w for a system that I've measured can't pull more than 300w from the wall.

If you later want to measure what you actually pull at the wall a "kill-a-watt" meter is cheap. Google it. A UPS with a gauge is more expense (minimum 1000 volt-amps for your rig). Both will show you pulling less that 250W at the wall in any reasonable game, and less then 300 under artificial stress. (note the wall measurements include PSU efficiency so an 80% efficient PSU pulling 200W at the wall is actually only sending 160W into the PC.)

All I Wanted To Know If The PSU Would Work With The Other Specs XD But Thanks For The Info :D 
a c 243 U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 6:15:02 PM

The XFX is the better unit and more than enough for your listed build. Both units are 80 Plus Bronze certified. The XFX like all XFX units is made by Seasonic while the Corsair is made by CWT.

Amps are more important than watts. The XFX provides 44 amps on the 12v rail. The Corsar provides 46 amps on the 12v rail. So, although the Corsair is rated 50 watts more, in reality the 2 units are almost equal in power.

I would buy a Seasonic made unit over anything else at the same price as they are the best overall manufacturer. The CX series is Corsair's budget line and while not bad units there are some reports of cheap capacitors in them having issues after a year or more of use.
!