Solved

Which is better ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or ATI Radeon HD 6450?

I am looking at getting a new graphics card for my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 560. The reason I am looking for a new graphics card is because I would like to purchase the new SimCity coming out. The game has requirements of :

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

RAM: 2GB

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better*

My computer has this:

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB

Graphics: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

I already was told that my graphics are not good enough so I was looking at what was compatible with my Dell and came up with this card for a good price:

Asus ATI Radeon HD6450 Silence 1GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card

Would this card be equal or better than the ATI Radeon HD 2x00?

Also I would be purchasing a power supply I was looking at Dynex 400 watt ATX

Please help!!

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which radeon 2x00 radeon 6450
  1. It's good enough.
  2. Best answer
    ^
    No, it's not.

Go for something like HD 6670: it's 3-4 times more powerful than HD 6450.. It's just a little bit more expensive (around $65).

Check this hierarchy chart:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32481-7.html
  3. And that one should be just as compatible with my Dell Inspiron 560? Also, what do you think of the Dynex 400 watt ATX power supply that I was thinking of purchasing.

Thanks for all the input!!
  4. Dynex is the Best Buy house brand. Probably doesnt produce anywhere near 400w of clean power. Just read a review of this PSU. Its made by Huntkey and hardwaresecrets.com reviewed the 450w version of it, it exploded, literally, when they tried to pull 450w from it. So its garbage.
  5. Best answer selected by PKordus.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon ATI Graphics Product