UPGRADE HELP

lyalhray

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
OH boy, fellow forum

I have a dilema hear and the best place to help me out in right here on Tom's. Did my first build a few months back and now am just not satisfied with my results...It still does great, but some little things that make me wonder what I did wrong or what I should have done diffrent. First off my MOBO I picked up was a P67 extreme Intel MOBO, and yep after having issues with my 3 g/b sata found out that it was a problem that Intel had on those boards. Reguardles im going to up it now...

NEW MOBO

EVGA Z68 FTW 160-SB-E689-KR LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX (picked it up great price)
i7 2700k Intel CPU
2x EVGA gtx 560ti 2gb versions (SLI)
16gb RAM
Intel 320 SSD 120 gb
2x 300 10,000 rpm HDD raid 0
Running 1920x1080

have a 750 watt psu but Im going to up that to a 1000 watt new PSU.. ( old one is starting to give up the ghost , its clicking on high usage)

Im gonna do some liquid cooling on the CPU and maybe an aftermarket on the 2 GPUs...Temps are freakin smoking hot...

Question for the FORUM here is am I headed in the right direction to get me maxed out on games like BF3, MOHW, Crysis 2 and 3 (when its out) :) . Next year I'm starting my 2nd build, so I want this one to make me happy with FPS

Is there any other suggestions that maybe out there to improve this set up? Comment are very much needed and appreciated guys and gals.

Look forward to the help.

D

Deleted member 217926

2 x GTX 560 Ti cards in Sli only need a recommended 650w power supply. Do yourself a favor and get a good quality PSU and not some no name 1000w craziness. Anything from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ, Antec or the higher efficiency Rosewill units will work fine.

And spending money on aftermarket cooling for 2 mid range last generation GPUs does not make much sense either. Sounds like you need a better case with good airflow.