Sign in with
Your question

VTX3D Radeon HD7750 problem.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 22, 2012 9:05:24 PM

Hello everyone,

I received the VTX3D HD 7750 GPU today and I can't get it to work at all. It does not show up in the drivers, does not install instantly (Like my 5450 does) there is just no sign of it.

My set up is;

AMD FX-4100 CPU
ASUS asus m5a78l-m lx Mobo
500w PSU (Prob generic but shouldn't be the problem)
4GB RAM

I e-mailed the company that I purchased my PC from before I ordered the card to double check that it would be compatible and they said it would work no problem. I'm pretty sure they'd have no reason to lie.

I uninstalled the Catalyst control for my 5450, then took the 5450 out and put the 7750 in. It slotted in as tight as it could and I screwed it in. I then powered up my PC and there was no trace of the 7750, I tried installing the 7750 Catalyst from AMD but it still wouldn't find it.

I removed the card and put it back in about 3 different times to see if it would work but it still won't so I have put my 5450 back in and that's working again with no problems.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Is the card DOA?

Thanks.
September 22, 2012 9:24:44 PM

Quote:
You need to remove the driver, then reinstall the correct driver for your new card. That should do it. Does the fan turn on for the graphics card. If not, it could be dead.

Where is the actual driver located? I couldn't seem to find anything to uninstall apart from the Catalyst control. When I removed the 5450 + The Catalyst it reverted to the onboard graphics.
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 22, 2012 9:32:25 PM

Are you plugging the monitor to the HD 7750? Are you getting a signal from it?
Related resources
September 22, 2012 9:33:59 PM

Sunius said:
Are you plugging the monitor to the HD 7750? Are you getting a signal from it?

Tried DVI (With VGA adapter) and the HDMI and was getting no signal on both.
September 22, 2012 11:53:27 PM

Tried everything I can now, done about 7 installs/uninstalls and still nothing. I've gone ahead and asked for a refund because I'm pretty certain the card is dead.
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 12:06:00 AM

The card isn't dead if the fans are spinning.
September 23, 2012 12:15:03 AM

samuelspark said:

I couldn't feel any air coming from the fan when it was in the machine.
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 5:31:53 AM

samuelspark said:

That isn't always the case.

@OP: Do you even see BIOS screen or POST messages?
September 23, 2012 3:58:05 PM

Sunius said:
That isn't always the case.

@OP: Do you even see BIOS screen or POST messages?

My BIOS screen loads as normal, what's the POST message?
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 4:07:14 PM

POST = power on self test, it's the text that says info about computer hardware, like CPU, memory, etc.

Anyway, if you can see BIOS, the card isn't dead. Did you try reinstalling windows? Are you hooking the monitor up to the graphics card or the motherboard?
September 23, 2012 4:58:16 PM

Sunius said:
POST = power on self test, it's the text that says info about computer hardware, like CPU, memory, etc.

Anyway, if you can see BIOS, the card isn't dead. Did you try reinstalling windows? Are you hooking the monitor up to the graphics card or the motherboard?

I see the MOBO options (DEL, F10 etc) on boot up every time but not the other stuff. I tried connecting to the HDMI & DVI to VGA on the 7750 and both had no signal.
September 23, 2012 6:32:34 PM

I've tried everything again today with no luck. The card def isn't powering up at all and there's no signal from either port.

I think I'll go ahead and send it back. I'm now cautious about getting another 7750. Would a 6670 be ok for what I need? I'll be gaming on either a 1366x768 monitor or ideally my 32" HDTV, I'm not looking for ultra graphics I just want something decent looking with solid frame rates, I'm pretty much fine with 30fps.

Thanks for everyone's advice.
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 7:23:10 PM

You probably just got a faulty card. I assumed you connected the monitor to the graphics card if you got video, but since you didn't - it just confirms the card isn't alive. Just make them send another one of the same card.
!