Ascension movies?

What are some good movies to watch for inspiration for an Ascension
game?

End of Evangelion: This movie is the end to the Neon Genesis
Evangelion anime series, and is arguably one of the best visual
depictions of events similar to those described in the main Ascension
scenario and novel that you're liable to find. Quite trippy, but it
does make sense with repeated viewings...

Deep Impact: Excellent if you want to go with the Asteroid option...

Jacob's Ladder: For those who want a more intimate, personal (yet
creeepy) Ascension...

Reign of Fire: More of a Werewolf: Apocalypse setting, but what the
hell.

Not quite a movie, but I'd also strongly recommend Alan Moore's comic
_Promethea_, for some fantastic mystical/surreal ideas and imagery,
many of which come from Moore's occult beliefs, apparently...

Any more?

Dex

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> What are some good movies to watch for inspiration for an Ascension
> game?

The Matrix still comes to mind, though not the sequels (unless
you're doing some sort of crazy VA campaign and need villains). Uh...
can't really think of any... maybe Fight Club, but that wouldn't
really be in the Ascension book. ;)

[snip]
> Jacob's Ladder: For those who want a more intimate, personal (yet
> creeepy) Ascension...

??? Not really seeing this one. Still, if we're going off the
"book-prescribed" path, I'd say the following would also make
interesting Ascenion material...

The last few episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Huge chunks of
humanity suddenly become powerful protectors that turn the tide
of the supernatural battle. This fits into the whole Hunter/Vampire
aspect, too.

Bulletproof Monk. This could really be spun either way - the scroll
helps grant ascension...