Limit Wireless Bandwidth Possible? (Linksys WRT54GL)

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Hi, I have a linksys WRT54GL with the latest firmware. I know QoS feature can limit bandwidth based on priority. But QoS feature is only for wired network, is there any good ways to limit bandwidth? Thanks

P.S. Most ppl seem to prefer the QoS features in tomato over dd-wrt. Not exactly sure why, but that always seems to be the consensus from those who've tried both (I don't use it at all, so I have no opinion one way or the other).

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I tried both, neither of them have specify QoS service for wireless as a separate function but both firmware does give better QoS control compare to the Linksys default one. I will see how it goes, my cousins always stream videos online and it kills my bandwidth (barely can do anything when he does or download massive items)

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
That suks, do you know if either DD-wrt or tomato has a feature where it allows one/multiple PC(s) based on IP/MAC address can have no limitation to the QoS? In otherwise that specified computer has no affect on QoS and can use max bandwidth if needed. Thanks

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I would say yes we are in good terms but then he can always uninstall it. I am paying for the services, he's basically leeching but it gets annoying when he uses all the bandwidth.