kenya

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2003
I am looking at three LCDs at the moment for college. I will be doing graphic design. I am looking at the Dell 1900 FP, the Samsung 191t, and the Viewsonic VX900. I was leaning toward the Samsung until I heard it had some noticeable ghosting. Will all these be plagued by ghosting, should I not be dissuaded? Thank you for your help...

sazman

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2003
I also have been looking at 18/19" LCD screens, which I will use for graphic design and photo retouching. Looked at all on the market and still can't decide, however the Viewsonic VX900 which seems to get a good response on this forum, I feel is not the right choice for high end graphics there is however another from ViewSonics professional series with no add ons like speakers etc, its just a 19" with a slim edge, very nice, but if you go to MacUsers website, they only give it a 3 out of 5, and for the price there are many more above 3 with a better view angle etc. Samsung, not for me.

The screens which comes out on top are the Formac TFT, or Apples own TFT, but you need the cash for these, LaCie have an elegant screen with a hood, which is handy for colour retouching, and if you've got the dosh, they have a calibrator. But this is only what I have read, the proof is in the tasting, I've yet to see a screen which can match the colour of a CTR, this will be about a year before 19" TFT technology matches a CTR, I've been told thanks to someone on this forum.

For the past four weeks I searched forum to forum looking for the best screen my money can buy, I'm more confused about TFT now, then when I started and all things like dead pixels, view angles, VGA and DVI was something I just lifted my lip with a 'err?' If only CTR was 8" in depth instead of 1,00000" and of course easy on the eyes.

If you have any news on your choice, please post it on the forum, all knowledge is a bonus, thanks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sazman on 08/09/03 07:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
i would go with the view sonic

Featuring SuperClearMVA technology, the ViewSonic VX900 has superior video response, super-wide 170° viewing angles, 250 nits of brightness and a remarkable 500:1 contrast ratio – for blacker blacks and vivid, lifelike colors. OptiSync technology provides advanced digital and analog input options. Ø-Touch AutoTune, OSD- and power-lock functions assure an outstanding front-of-screen experience. And at 19 inches, you'll have plenty of room to view everything from large spreadsheets to complex games.

<A HREF="http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=302617&pfp=cat3" target="_new">http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=302617&pfp=cat3</A>

kenya

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2003
PCWorld though mentioned Samsung as their number two choice in their 19" LCD lineups, Dell was first, and the Viewsonic VX900 was not listed.....

molior

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2003
If there was a choice between a TFT with the loads of features, the most amasing ergonomics & a really classy design but a terible panel or one with awful ergonomics, which looked pig ulgy and has zero features and but the most oustanding pannel which would you buy? I ask cause the PCWorld revews were totaly superfical consentrating on the features & look and had nothing about the image quality... just a thought.

As far as 19" LCD's go our X-ray & Radio Astronomers seem to prefer the <A HREF="http://www.iiyama.com/pages/startseite.asp?|1|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|478||" target="_new">Iiyama AS4821DTBK</A>, they work in false colour so tend to need contrast more than anything else, the Optical people like the Formac Gallery 1900. The other makes we have about are Samsung, LG & Sun Micro Systems & we only get complantes about the old 'cheaper' Sun TFTs. Unfortunatly as support staff we only get to use the TFTs infrequently but I don't think you'd be dispointed by the Samsung TFTs. Viewsonic don't seem to have market in the UK I've certainly not seen the name anywhere about.

Row like mortals, think like gods.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by molior on 08/09/03 09:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

phr0ze

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
I'm looking for a fast 19" primarily for gaming. And I don't trust all the hype so if you have played some fps on a 19" panel let me know if its good. I heard some 25MS are unnoticable. I've also heard the LG is not really 16MS.

Right now I'm looking at a Planar PX191 or NEC/Mits 1980SX-BK.

Thanks.

phr0Ze
I've been hiding in the shadows @ THG since 97.

AMD 2600/333
A7N8X Deluxe
2x512MB CorsairXMS 3200
Radeon 9700 Pro
320Gig Raid 0
Sony DRU500A
Yamaha CRW-F1

duhru

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2003
I'm also looking for a 19" LCD for gaming and everything else. I'm looking for a <=20ms response time and am willing to pay a pretty penny for it.

Someone here pointed out that the 19" HP L1925 claims a "Response Rate (typical) <20 ms (typical rise + fall)". Has anyone actually seen this monitor our found any reviews of it?
<A HREF="http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/monitors/performance/l1925.html" target="_new">http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/monitors/performance/l1925.html</A>