Status
Not open for further replies.

HopelessNoob

Honorable
May 28, 2012
What's the best GPU for its price? I've heard a lot of things about the 670 and think it's a really good card for its value but are there better ones? What about the AMD side? I'm just looking for a card that is considered very good for its price
Thanks
-Mark

Solution
To be honest, I think most GPU's in the $175-300 price range are good values. I don't consider a >$400 card a good value, but that is me. A lot of my decision is all based on other parts in the system (CPU being the main one) and what your planing on doing with the system (gaming, photoshop, etc.). It will also depend on if your using 1,2,3 monitors or more too.

Don't get me wrong, the GTX 670 is a good card. The 7950 is a better buy in my opinion, especially since it's around $300ish price range.

*Edit* Here's a good guide to go by, given by Tom's every month.
The 670 and R7950 are best bang for buck in the high end video card department.MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.Pricing of the Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X is 330 USD, which is a 10% premium, or $ 30 over the reference design.Both cards are well worth the price.

To be honest, I think most GPU's in the $175-300 price range are good values. I don't consider a >$400 card a good value, but that is me. A lot of my decision is all based on other parts in the system (CPU being the main one) and what your planing on doing with the system (gaming, photoshop, etc.). It will also depend on if your using 1,2,3 monitors or more too.

Don't get me wrong, the GTX 670 is a good card. The 7950 is a better buy in my opinion, especially since it's around $300ish price range.

*Edit* Here's a good guide to go by, given by Tom's every month.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.