Solved

HDMI to TV

I have an AOC TV and it's connected to my Pc via HDMI everything looks great at 1080p.
I know it's not a Monitor, so it won't wake up when inactive, here lies the question ¿How to turn on the TV when connected via HDMI without pressing any button?

I have a ps3 via HDMI to my TV when I press the PS button the TV turns on by itself, well I'm digressing.

¿Some way to do this without buying a Monitor?

By the way, my Tv has VGA and HDMI x2 and I'm using on board video HD4250 if that helps.

Thank you :D

Something I forget to say, If the Tv is on and you turn on the Pc says no signal unless you move the mouse a lot, or type something in the keyboard.
I have to turn on the Pc first then the Tv.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdmi
  1. there isnt anyway to remotely turn your tv on from your computer....is it really that big of a deal that you would buy a monitor for it?
  2. drums101 said:
    there isnt anyway to remotely turn your tv on from your computer....is it really that big of a deal that you would buy a monitor for it?

No not really, it's just very annoying to turn the TV every time you use the PC. Sometimes it keeps getting no signal and I have to turn of and on the TV.
  3. Best answer
    I think that may be a problem on the TV's end...AOC are cheaper tvs....unfortunatly there is not really anything you can do about remotely turning it on or off..just have the remote handy...thats what I do for my gaming setup
  4. drums101 said:
    I think that may be a problem on the TV's end...AOC are cheaper tvs....unfortunatly there is not really anything you can do about remotely turning it on or off..just have the remote handy...thats what I do for my gaming setup

I thought the HDMI cable was the problem or something like that. Guess i'll buy a monitor later.
  5. Best answer selected by Jrayx.
Ask a new question

Read More

Diamond Multimedia TV HDMI Graphics