New WOD Antagonists?

Met a girl in my store today who was running a new WoD game for her
friends (they were unfamiliar with old WoD). They were playing mortals
getting mixed up in strange goings-on in Detroit. A problem she had,
however, was the lack of antagonists, aside from ghosts. From her
comments, it seems she wants some really monstrous opponents to place
against her players; she admitted to adapting D&D monsters, which I
thought would make for an interesting scene: "Hey, is that in
Mind-Flayer lurking around on 8 Mile? What's that Shoggoth doing at a
bus stop?" (I suggested Call of Cthulu as a good source of monsters).

Anyone else having this problem? Do you adapt old WoD monsters or just
make up new ones? Or transplant them from some other game? When can we
expect real antagonists anyway, in the Werewolf Book of Spirits maybe?

Dex!

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> Anyone else having this problem? Do you adapt old WoD monsters or just
> make up new ones? Or transplant them from some other game? When can we
> expect real antagonists anyway, in the Werewolf Book of Spirits maybe?

We can expect real antagonists in the upcoming book "World of Darkness:
Antagonists," due out November 29th.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<2u9q3eF2909j8U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Hand-of-Omega wrote:
>
> > Anyone else having this problem? Do you adapt old WoD monsters or just
> > make up new ones? Or transplant them from some other game? When can we
> > expect real antagonists anyway, in the Werewolf Book of Spirits maybe?
>
> We can expect real antagonists in the upcoming book "World of Darkness:
> Antagonists," due out November 29th.

ALL the new WoD sourcebooks are going to be hardbacks, yes?

Dex,
eyeing wallet in despair...

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> ALL the new WoD sourcebooks are going to be hardbacks, yes?

Yes.

I am laughing at Stayka even as I type.

(No, not really. Come back Stayka all is forgiven!)