Solved

Micro Stuttering while playing games

Hello,
Hi! I am having a problem of micro stuttering in almost every other game i play.
My system specs are as follows:
2GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz
ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS Motherboard
2.9 Ghz AMD Athlon II X3 435 Processor
MSI 6670 1GB DDR5
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Foxin 500W PSU

Is the problem hardware related or is it something to do with my OS?
I tried formatting and re-installing windows but the problem persists.
I also doubt the problem may be in my Power Supply Unit.
It would be really grateful if you could advice me on the problem.
Thanks!!
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about micro stuttering playing games
  1. What frames do you get?
  2. determinologyz said:
    What frames do you get?

    I get 40 Fps on average however its randomly drops to 17-18 and then goes back to 40. Cant understand why.
  3. What games are you trying to play on what settings?
  4. Sunius said:
    What games are you trying to play on what settings?

    i get 35-40fps on everything high in dirt-2 and 35fps in crysis 1
  5. Micro stuttering only effects SLI or Crossfire... ie multi GPU setups...

    Knowing the game, the settings and whats happening in the game while your experiencing the loss of frames would be very useful.....
  6. manishnel said:
    i get 35-40fps on everything high in dirt-2 and 35fps in crysis 1


    Resolution?
  7. manishnel said:
    Hello,
    Hi! I am having a problem of micro stuttering in almost every other game i play.
    My system specs are as follows:
    2GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz
    ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS Motherboard
    2.9 Ghz AMD Athlon II X3 435 Processor
    MSI 6670 1GB DDR5
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    Foxin 500W PSU

    Is the problem hardware related or is it something to do with my OS?
    I tried formatting and re-installing windows but the problem persists.
    I also doubt the problem may be in my Power Supply Unit.
    It would be really grateful if you could advice me on the problem.
    Thanks!!


    You're not seeing microstuttering. You're seeing stuttering due to having old and low end hardware
  8. paddys09 said:
    Resolution?

    1024 x 768
  9. As pinhedd said, your hardware is quite old and probably causing your performance issues... certainly in Crysis....

    Dirt 2 I would expect to run okayish.... you dont have much ram.... but don't really wanna say that getting more would help you a great deal... I would be using 4gb if I were you anyway though....

    If you turn the settings to medium do things get any better?
  10. paddys09 said:
    As pinhedd said, your hardware is quite old and probably causing your performance issues... certainly in Crysis....

    Dirt 2 I would expect to run okayish.... you dont have much ram.... but don't really wanna say that getting more would help you a great deal... I would be using 4gb if I were you anyway though....

    If you turn the settings to medium do things get any better?

    turning down the settings does not help either as the problem still persists. I do suspect that this could be because of low ram or a weak PSU
    Could you suggest what would be more preferable?
    thank u
  11. paddys09 said:
    As pinhedd said, your hardware is quite old and probably causing your performance issues... certainly in Crysis....

    Dirt 2 I would expect to run okayish.... you dont have much ram.... but don't really wanna say that getting more would help you a great deal... I would be using 4gb if I were you anyway though....

    If you turn the settings to medium do things get any better?


    I can remember back when i was trying to run a 5450 on skyrim for shits and giggles with 16GB of ram and i5 2500k didnt go so well even on low settings and bioshock looked horrible..This post kinda reminded me of old times
  12. Best answer
    manishnel said:
    turning down the settings does not help either as the problem still persists. I do suspect that this could be because of low ram or a weak PSU
    Could you suggest what would be more preferable?
    thank u


    The PSU only serves one purpose, it delivers power to other components. If your PSU is broken or insufficient it will not be able to deliver enough power and the whole system will shut down. PSUs do not impact performance, only stability.
  13. Best answer selected by manishnel.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics