Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Having shutdown problems still

Last response: in Systems
November 19, 2012 5:32:39 AM

Hey,

I posted recently about having shutdown problems and I thought it had been solved but it is still occurring. I don't want to force an answer that I want to hear, but is it that the motherboard is bad? Or maybe even the CPU?

Suggestions told me to test the PSU and graphics. I tested the PSU simply by going out and getting a different one and putting it in my setup. Got the same results with a different PSU, still random shutdowns. I took out the graphics card and tried running through the onboard, still nothing different, random shutdowns(I reset the cmos too). Tried different ram, same thing. All these shutdowns took about 30mins. Then elsewhere I read a suggestion about reseating the CPU, I did that and it ran just fine for 2 days (about 10 hours total use), and it just shut down again today.

Specs if needed,
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945
GPU: Asus HD 4870
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 3x4GB
Motherboard: Asus M5A88-M

Please, any and all advice/help/anything is really appreciated.

More about : shutdown problems

a b B Homebuilt system
November 19, 2012 11:31:46 AM

What is your power supply make and model number?
m
l
November 19, 2012 4:04:34 PM

It is an OCZ700MXSP
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
November 19, 2012 4:12:59 PM

Check your asus bios file at the post screen; see if another newer file is available; don't flash if you already have the latest file. You'll need a usb flash drive to update the bios. If you brick your board with a bad flash, request an rma from asus and tell them simply the board won't post. No other info is necessary. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A88M/#do.... You may also rma your power supply.
November 19, 2012 8:35:52 PM

Best answer selected by duc561.
m
l
!