Does powerlogic magnum230 450w support nvidia gts450

zarul ad-lee

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
hi all, i'm newbie here..
i have 2 question here,
first question is : does my power supply support nvidia gts450..??
my power supply is powerlogic magnum230 450w...

nvidia gts450
Thermal and Power Specs:
100C Maximum GPU Temperature (in C)
106 W Maximum Graphics Card Power (W)
400 W Minimum System Power Requirement (W)
6-pin Supplementary Power Connectors

second question is does atx-500w-24p support nvidia gts450

thanks..sorry for bad english..
other information, u can ask me..

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012

Yeah, that's it. Unfortunately, they are both too weak to run the card. I suggest getting something better like Seasonic ot Corsair. Do you have a set budget?

D

Deleted member 217926

A GTS 450 only needs a quality 400 watt power supply. The bad news is neither of the power supplies you listed are good at all.

Any 400 watt or higher power supply from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec would be fine for your computer.

If you don't live in the US there may be other brands available to you that I did not list and are still very good. If there is a website you buy from I will be glad to look.

D

Deleted member 217926

I would avoid Coolermaster and Thermaltake. Both companies have great cases and cooling accessories but neither should be in the power supply business. The Coolermaster should work if it's all you can get but it's not what I would call a quality unit like the brands I listed above.

ICute is trash.

D

Deleted member 217926

You got that off their website right? And you believe it?

Here is the only important part. 360 watts available on the 12v rail for 30 amps on the 12v rail.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/RealPower550W/images/sticker.jpg

Any of the brands I named above would call this a 400w power supply.

Also this model is discontinued here in the US and is a design from the Pentium 4 days. Even when it was new it was a typical Coolermaster power supply though. Here it fails in load testing in a Tom's Hardware review.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/stress-test,1073-13.html