Sign in with
Your question

Networking Problem with my DirecTV receiver

Last response: in Networking
November 7, 2011 1:59:34 PM

Hello.

I'm having a networking issue that I cannot resolve.

My DirecTV HD DVR receiver (HR21-700) shows a connection to both my network and internet. However, the STB services port (range of 27161-27192) will not connect through my router (linksys E4200) automatically or manually. I can directly connect the receiver to the modem and get it to connect properly. None of my other components (XB360, BluRay Player, two PCs, Wireless Bridge) have any issues. The XB360 and BluRay are both hardwired to the router (as well as the Dtv Rcvr), and have manually configured IPs and DCHP reservations.

I am STUMPED and FRUSTRATED to say the least... Linksys, Dtv, and Mediacom support have not been able to resolve anything.

Manually configuring IPs and port forwarding is about the extent of my networking knowledge... Are there any settings or configurations that I may be overlooking?

The uPnP is enabled, NAT is enabled, and all firewalls are turned off.

Please help!!

Thanks!!
November 7, 2011 7:07:47 PM

You could try setting the DVR as DMZ on the router and that may work. Since its just a dvr box you shouldn't really have to worry much about security at that point either.
m
l
November 8, 2011 1:34:44 PM

Thanks for the help... I finally got frustrated to the point of doing a factory reset on the router.

Started over from scratch and manually set up everything again... 3 hrs later, I'm happy to report that all of my issues are fixed.

I appreciate everything!!
m
l
!