Sign in with
Your question

MSI Twin Frozr III Radeon HD 7850 not detecting

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 23, 2012 12:42:34 PM

Hello,

I bought a new MSI Radeon HD 7850 last month for my new desktop (Intel i5 3570K, ASUS P8Z77-VLK, Antec NEO ECO 620W).

I am positive I have the GPU properly seated in and connected. When I plug it in, it defaults to the IGPU. I have deleted old drivers using Driver Fusion and tried installing/reinstalling the AMD drivers in numerous ways. When plugging in the VGA cable it does not detect my monitor. My BIOS is current and I have tried disabling the IGPU in both the BIOS as well as in windows.

I bought a cheap Geforce 550ti to see if it was my MB but the 550ti works absolutely fine after installing drivers. I suspected that the 7850 was faulty so I RMA'd to Newegg and they replaced it. Now, the replacement is having the same problems. I have read other posts regarding people having the same problem and so far have not found any of those posts helpful.

Please, any input would be great. Thank you.
September 23, 2012 12:55:06 PM

Get rid of the asus board. That's the best advice I can give you.
m
l
September 23, 2012 1:26:23 PM

soundguruman said:
Get rid of the asus board. That's the best advice I can give you.

Best brand out there!Worst advice ever!

m
l
Related resources
September 23, 2012 2:58:58 PM

Earnie said:
Best brand out there!Worst advice ever!

I think that asus is plagued with quality control problems.
I think the chipsets are the main cause.
Their customer support is worse than just being on your own, most of the time.
AND I will never buy another one of their products, ever.
Indecently, when I tell people to replace asus boards, it's nearly 100% effective solution to on going issues, crashes, poor video, freezing and many many other malfunctions.
So you can avoid the issue and pull your hair out, as long as you like.
OR you can replace it and USE the computer. up to you.

It's true that about 50% of the boards they make work OK.
But why bother?
m
l
September 23, 2012 6:40:16 PM

After the card is installed in the PC, clear RTC of the motherboard, disable on-board gfx in BIOS, install the ext power cable to gfx card and power up your PC. If still your gfx card is not recognized, try other cables, VGA, DVI or HDMI to connect your PC to the monitor.
m
l
September 30, 2012 3:12:07 AM

ya this is bullshit i just bought the card msi 7850 was so happy, came home installed it, plug to monitor,turn pc on, monitor is on but doesnot work, connect with dvi-to-vga doesnot work so i put my old card back work great, i got 650Wpsu and thats more then enough so im gona go return this ***,or at least let them test it out.
m
l
October 1, 2012 1:07:39 AM

so i went to tigerdirect today and told them about the problem, they tested it and it was defected so i said i want the same one xcept test it before i go home and install it they said ok, they tested another one same brand and same problem so i end up getting XFX Radeon 7850 10$ cheaper and came home and worked like a charm.
m
l
!