Closed

Is it possible to set the boundaries of thermal throttling Yourself?

Hello Lads,
I want to set the boundaries of thermal throttling to 75 celsius, can I do it?
11 answers Last reply
More about boundaries thermal throttling yourself
  1. Yeah I know, but when it reaches 70 degrees it downclocks itself -15mhz! I already set my fan profile as i want it (65 degrees = 95% fan). I don't want it to downclock itself.
    EDIT: GPU = GTX 670
  2. I'm okay with GPU Boost enabled. I just want it to downclock itself only at 75 degrees instead of 70!
  3. Downclocking and thermal throttling is totally different things. Thermal throttling just stops your card.
  4. Thermal throttling downclocks your card when it reaches 70 degrees and I don't want that. I guess there is no way to do that...
  5. R3alityzzzzz said:
    Thermal throttling downclocks your card when it reaches 70 degrees and I don't want that. I guess there is no way to do that...


    That's not thermal throttling.
  6. "It throttles your (GPU) speed to prevent it from burning up, the % I guess would represent the index by which the Mhz lowered"
  7. BigMack70 said:
    Technically, thermal throttling is what would happen around 95C (or whatever the exact Tmax is) when your GPU would basically shut down.

    Incorrect. Look up CPU thermal throttling, even in my BIOS you can change the values of how much lower the CPU clock when temp reaches x degrees.
  8. R3alityzzzzz said:
    Incorrect. Look up CPU thermal throttling, even in my BIOS you can change the values of how much lower the CPU clock when temp reaches x degrees.

    Well as you're the expert perhaps you could tell the OP how to do the same on the GPU, oh wait you are the OP! :pfff:
  9. Oh sorreeeeyyy!!! So now it's my fault to ask a question? I just said, that my bios includes the option to change when the CPU has to downclock itself. I opened this thread to ASK how to do the SAME on GPU. I tryed to disable GPU Boost and it didn't work at all. Running the Kombustor 2.4 benchmark - 70 degrees and it downclocks itself. Thanks for the answers, if even a moderator doesn't know the answer, I guess noone does.


    P.S. I see our moderator likes to use :pfff: <- this emoticon a lot.
  10. Best answer selected by R3alityzzzzz.
  11. R3alityzzzzz said:
    Oh sorreeeeyyy!!! So now it's my fault to ask a question? I just said, that my bios includes the option to change when the CPU has to downclock itself. I opened this thread to ASK how to do the SAME on GPU. I tryed to disable GPU Boost and it didn't work at all. Running the Kombustor 2.4 benchmark - 70 degrees and it downclocks itself. Thanks for the answers, if even a moderator doesn't know the answer, I guess noone does.


    P.S. I see our moderator likes to use :pfff: <- this emoticon a lot.

    Being all knowing is not a requirement to be a moderator and yes I do despair when folk such as yourself argue with what they are told when they have no idea what the answer is themselves.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Celsius Graphics