Is it possible to set the boundaries of thermal throttling Yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3alityzzzzz

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Yeah I know, but when it reaches 70 degrees it downclocks itself -15mhz! I already set my fan profile as i want it (65 degrees = 95% fan). I don't want it to downclock itself.
EDIT: GPU = GTX 670

R3alityzzzzz

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Incorrect. Look up CPU thermal throttling, even in my BIOS you can change the values of how much lower the CPU clock when temp reaches x degrees.

Well as you're the expert perhaps you could tell the OP how to do the same on the GPU, oh wait you are the OP! :pfff:

R3alityzzzzz

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Oh sorreeeeyyy!!! So now it's my fault to ask a question? I just said, that my bios includes the option to change when the CPU has to downclock itself. I opened this thread to ASK how to do the SAME on GPU. I tryed to disable GPU Boost and it didn't work at all. Running the Kombustor 2.4 benchmark - 70 degrees and it downclocks itself. Thanks for the answers, if even a moderator doesn't know the answer, I guess noone does.

P.S. I see our moderator likes to use :pfff: <- this emoticon a lot.

Being all knowing is not a requirement to be a moderator and yes I do despair when folk such as yourself argue with what they are told when they have no idea what the answer is themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.