GTX580 and nVidia 3D vision with anaglyph glasses

Bob7k

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Im having a very hard time trying to enable 3D vision so i can play some games with my anaglyph glasses I made from some old camera color filters. The problem I thought id be spending my time on was that I dont have a blue filter, so I though the driver might let me "calibrate" my glasses and select green instead of cyan or blue. Ive downloaded and installed the newest drivers but I dont know what to do from there, in the nvidia settings panel I dont see anything in there that relates to 3D other than settings that control things like ansiotropic filtering and other performance/quality tweaks. While my monitor only runs as fast as 60Hz, I thought that because im using anaglyph that wouldnt matter. I found an icon in my start menu with an icon containing a green bar and a pair of the more fancy electronic shutter glasses, and named "Enable 3D Vision", but when I click it nothing happens or changes, no new options in the nvidia settings window. Clearly im missing something but I have no idea.

Bob7k

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
I visited a friends house who has a 120hz monitor and shutter glasses and played fine in BF3 at ultra settings, noticed a strange drop in depth whenever I entered a vehicle though, but it ran fine. also, I reinstalled the drivers and selected clean install and the sterioscopic 3D menu appeared, so I guess the problem is kinda solved. the green in my glasses isnt quite cyan, is there a way to adjust it so its more calibrated?

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
I don't know about that, but if your monitor is only 60Hz, it won't be able to display 3D. It needs at least 120Hz so that it can display two vision angles simultaneously, refreshing at 60Hz each. I also have the "Enable 3D vision" option in my start menu, but I can't use it because my monitor is a 60Hz and my card is a 500 series.

Bob7k

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

You might be wrong about that, I just spent the last half hour playing in anaglyph mode, worked great with the exception that I lost a lot of color depth.

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

You need a 120hz monitor for Nvidia 3D Vision with active glasses, but ANY monitor can be used its 3D discover, which is with the anaglyph glasses.

OP - BF3 has lower depth when in vehicles for some reason. It's still 3D, but not as much depth. I get it on my setup too, which is a 680 with an active 3d monitor. Not sure about calibrating though, sorry. Maybe there is something on Nvidia's website in the 3D section about it?