Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard advice

Last response: in Systems
November 19, 2012 4:06:31 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=wish_l...

That is the build i am going to buy has the motherboard got enough pci slots and enough for the GPU?

Thanks in advance :) 

More about : motherboard advice

November 19, 2012 4:48:12 PM

your link doesn't work
Related resources
November 19, 2012 4:58:19 PM

Change mobo for H77, b75 are not so good choice.
that PSU is fine. Although i would upgrade to 80 Plus bronze as they are more efficient
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2012 6:48:17 PM

As long as you have no intentions on crossfire you should be good to go. Which you can't anyway with that board no problems there though you're system should be really nice.
November 19, 2012 7:08:42 PM

bigshootr8 said:
As long as you have no intentions on crossfire you should be good to go. Which you can't anyway with that board no problems there though you're system should be really nice.

If it can't crossfire why does it have a tick next to crossfire :S seems stupid for the seller to lie :@
November 19, 2012 7:13:40 PM

All of this stuff will include cables included ?
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2012 7:19:23 PM

Potdog said:
If it can't crossfire why does it have a tick next to crossfire :S seems stupid for the seller to lie :@

Not sure I understand if you mean something to knock off the build maybe but I don't know I prefer a single gpu setup anyway.

And yes you will have all the cables, screws you need. Sata cables, motherboard stand offs everything. The only thing you may want to get is cable ties which you can probably find anywhere really on the cheap there was a sale in the states last week for a bunch of them for a dollar. <--- In the event you want to tidy up your setup is all.
November 19, 2012 7:26:22 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Not sure I understand if you mean something to knock off the build maybe but I don't know I prefer a single gpu setup anyway.

And yes you will have all the cables, screws you need. Sata cables, motherboard stand offs everything. The only thing you may want to get is cable ties which you can probably find anywhere really on the cheap there was a sale in the states last week for a bunch of them for a dollar. <--- In the event you want to tidy up your setup is all.

Hahaha cable ties won't be a problem ;)  i work in a shop that recycles clothes and im up to my eye balls in cable ties :p 

So will this system be an alright system :p ? and thank you for all the help
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2012 7:34:03 PM

Yea the system will be great. In the future you could add a SSD but nothing to worry about in the near future. You will have enough processing power and graphics power to last 2-3 years
November 19, 2012 7:42:58 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Yea the system will be great. In the future you could add a SSD but nothing to worry about in the near future. You will have enough processing power and graphics power to last 2-3 years

What exactly does an SSD do?
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2012 8:23:38 PM

Well, it will speed things up with I/O related things. You would get faster boot times, load times and a more snappy experience not something you HAVE To have but its one of those nice things to have to really keep you on the bleeding edge.
November 19, 2012 8:28:30 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Well, it will speed things up with I/O related things. You would get faster boot times, load times and a more snappy experience not something you HAVE To have but its one of those nice things to have to really keep you on the bleeding edge.

Ahh might invest in one next month when my next paycheck comes in :D  going to be absolutly skint this month :p 

out of 10 how hard is it to build a pc?

I watched like 20 videos on how to the most difficult park looks like the cable management.
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2012 9:34:33 PM

Yea maybe something to looking into (ssd's) but like I said something you don't have to have.

out of 10 how hard is it hmm I would say a 7. It is pretty easy but its also easy to make silly mistakes along the way. Just take it slow make sure things are connected right that you use standoffs for the motherboard. That if you are using a aftermarket cpu cooler to make sure there is thermal grease (someone on the forums forgot it and had a cpu hit 90+ degrees). I really like the instructional videos that newegg puts out here in the states you may want to take a look if you haven't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls&feature=relm...

And cable management ease is really based on the case you end up with. I'm unfamiliar with the case you have chosen. I typically go for Cooler Master cases the HAF series in particular is good because it is built with air flow in mind.
November 20, 2012 5:16:09 AM

bigshootr8 said:
Yea maybe something to looking into (ssd's) but like I said something you don't have to have.

out of 10 how hard is it hmm I would say a 7. It is pretty easy but its also easy to make silly mistakes along the way. Just take it slow make sure things are connected right that you use standoffs for the motherboard. That if you are using a aftermarket cpu cooler to make sure there is thermal grease (someone on the forums forgot it and had a cpu hit 90+ degrees). I really like the instructional videos that newegg puts out here in the states you may want to take a look if you haven't

And cable management ease is really based on the case you end up with. I'm unfamiliar with the case you have chosen. I typically go for Cooler Master cases the HAF series in particular is good because it is built with air flow in mind.

i won't be able to afford an aftercooler this month i don't plan to overclock atm :p  one of the guys here said the stock heatsink will do unless i overclock :p  the only reason i picked that case was cause a member on the forum picked it out :p  i didn't want to look at other ones because i have no idea if all my components would fit in it.
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2012 6:00:30 AM

Oh okay I gotcha well something good to know in case you have to apply thermal to your cpu. The stock cooler should come with it pre applied.
November 20, 2012 6:03:46 AM

bigshootr8 said:
Oh okay I gotcha well something good to know in case you have to apply thermal to your cpu. The stock cooler should come with it pre applied.

I'm really worried about ordering the 550 PSU incase it's not enough haha keep reading up online and people are like "a 650 is the lowest you should go".
November 20, 2012 6:22:45 AM

bigshootr8 said:
I don't like the builders series really because it is different from the other lines in that it doesn't have a seasonic oem to keep costs down. I would get this instead but that is up to you.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-TX650V2-Enthusiast-Seri...

Ahhh so conflicted :(  i wonder if the xfx 550 is enough for this http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/om0y cause i'm running really low on funds now :p  over spend by 50£ more than i already said i would :p 
November 20, 2012 7:36:23 AM

bigshootr8 said:

Thanks for the review man :)  see when you said 7/10 is that 10 being hard or easy lol :p  if i take my time and watch youtube tutorials and do it step by step i should be fine i think... xD
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2012 7:41:10 AM

Not think man DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY :p  And yes 10 being hard I said 7 because 5 is where most people are at people that can use a keyboard and mouse play facebook games and check email 7 seemed like a appropriate number :p 
November 20, 2012 7:44:10 AM

bigshootr8 said:
Not think man DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY :p  And yes 10 being hard I said 7 because 5 is where most people are at people that can use a keyboard and mouse play facebook games and check email 7 seemed like a appropriate number :p 

hahaah i'll post an update here when i get the parts probably 4-5 December. Is there anyway i could fry the computer by building it wrong? like the cpu and heatsink installation looks piss easy but by cable management is there anyway i could blow up and fry the motherboard :p 
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2012 7:47:38 AM

cable management wise no. Just remember to stay grounded touching metal or using a ESD wristband. And it truly is some of the aftermarket coolers are a little wonky but yea stock fan easy.
November 20, 2012 7:50:22 AM

bigshootr8 said:
cable management wise no. Just remember to stay grounded touching metal or using a ESD wristband. And it truly is some of the aftermarket coolers are a little wonky but yea stock fan easy.

great stuff man :D  was going to pay a friend £50 to build it then i was like "nahhh" i can do this myself plus since it's my first build i would prefer now i done it myself so it means more when it's running and if *** goes wrong inside i know what to replace.
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2012 8:01:34 AM

I think it will be a good experience for you to do it on your own.
!