mehta23

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Hello,

I am looking to get a 660Ti for around £220-50. I have seen the MSI and EVGA versions and am not sure which to go for. One review I read showed the MSI was more powerful , performed better, was quieter and cooler.... but I don't know how much that would noticeable when compared to the EVGA. At the moment , they are the same price , but I may be able to get the EVGA version for about £30 less.... SO then I don't know if the few extra FPS are worth that extra money, especially when the EVGA has that better support and that warranty.

So my question condensed is support vs performance.

But also if the extra performance gained from the MSI version is noticeable...

And if the supoort from EVGA is worth a small sacrifice in performance...

AND , if warmer temps is actually a big deal...

Other details :

i5 3750K
WD 1TB Black Caviar
Corsair Vengence 8GB
Asus P8Z77 V LX
Corsiar TX750W
CM Storm Enforcer case

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I had EVGA cards for a long time so Precision X tools was my good friend. I love to say it but MSI's 660ti Power Edition has a tool called MSI Afterburner what does exactly what Precision X tools. Also, reviews on Tom's say this card is superior in lower noise and performance.

Edit: Conclusion, MSI is a superior choice.

mehta23

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
I couldnt see a way to edit , but just saw this , so I'll use it .

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: the closer the better BUDGET RANGE: £250

USAGE [strike]FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT[/strike] all of these are important : Gaming (Portal 2 , Far Cry 2 , Trine 2 , GTA 4 , Left 4 Dead, Batman Arkham City , Just Cause 2 etc ) , School work ( web browsing , word processing ) and movie editing 9 AVCHD )

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Intel i5 3750K and Corsair 750TX 750W PSU

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: (Happy to look into extra cooling fans)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon, Ebuyer, Novatech,Scan,PC World

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: England , UK

PARTS PREFERENCES: nVidia Geforce 660Ti, or 560Ti..... MSI 660TI POWER EDITION vs standard EVGA 660TI.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: ATM its 1024x768, but looking at 1080p TV , so 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Need to edit movies easily , fluid playback, play games without jittering . Should last a good few years at the top, but should last ages before breaking down. Not sure if 3 years warranty is enough , or if EVGA's side of the bargain is better,)

mehta23

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

#

1. That was a bloody quick response - Cheers!!!!!!!

2. I thought I could use Precision X / Afterburner on any Geforce Card....

3. If the reviews say the MSI is better , fair enough , but if I could get the EVGA for £20-30 cheaper, would you still recommend the MSI ?