Keyboard driver

HELLO , i installed a keyboard and its drivers and now my
PC's keyboard does not work all the time when getting
into Windows.

I want to delete all Keyboard driver reference from my PC.
I have already removed from Haredware devices and
add/remove programs. But I'm still having the same
intermitten problem.
Thank you,
Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard driver

    1. device manager... delete all in keyboard. in human interface device
    delete all. in mice delete all. unplug all external keyboards and mice.
    note while doing this ignore requests to reboot.
    2. using registry editor search for all listings of keyboard software you
    installed. also the original laptop software. delete all references[
    backup registry before start]
    3. reboot should get you windows std keyboard and mice[touchpad] .
    4. if external units were logitech there are massive files left after
    add/remove the software. there are oem*.* files and entries in controlsets
    on registry. etc. use another vender.
    5. if you are using microsoft keyboards and mice loading the software will
    get the external devices . then if original software was synatech you can
    reload that software. if alps good luck on reloading.
    6.note if the pc does not have a ps/2 port then usb keyboards are a problem.
    ms ps/2 keyboards and usb adapters mostly fail. only the ms natural elite
    is usb and will setup correct.
    7. check your bios and see if it has a legacy usb setting , if yes enable.
    "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HELLO , i installed a keyboard and its drivers and now my
    > PC's keyboard does not work all the time when getting
    > into Windows.
    >
    > I want to delete all Keyboard driver reference from my PC.
    > I have already removed from Haredware devices and
    > add/remove programs. But I'm still having the same
    > intermitten problem.
    > Thank you,
    > Chris

    ---

Drivers Keyboards Microsoft Device Driver Windows XP