Sign in with
Your question

Gainward GTX 550Ti NO Signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 23, 2012 7:56:26 PM

Hi! So I have a very annoing problem and i need your help :) 

My components:

Gainward GTX 550Ti
Asus P8z68-V pro Gen3
Intel i5 3570K
Corsaire H60
Kingston HyperX 16G
SilverPower 500W

When i turn my pc on it boots normaly when I have all the components installed, EXCEPT that nothing appares on the screen, only No Signal I try to put my DVI cable in the integrated graphic on the MOBO nothing happens :(  I Take out Gainward GTX 550Ti Everyting works fine, try my old graphic card it also works.

The fan on the Gainward GTX 550Ti works as it should, so its clearly that it gets power.

- Can it be a setting in the BIOS that I am not aware of that needs to be on/off?
- Is the card not compatible with the rest of the components?
- Is the card broken?
- Something Else?

If you have any idea or suggestion what might cause the problem I would be more than happy to know :D 

Thanks
a c 290 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 8:00:47 PM

Did you connect the 6-pin power connector from your power supply unit to your graphics card?
September 23, 2012 8:11:29 PM

Yes I have done that, still not working :( 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 23, 2012 8:38:53 PM

I was thinking of doing a fresh install of windows 7, so there is not goining to be any old drivers anyway. but I haven't installed it yet because nothing shows on the screen.
But shouldn't the card work straight out of the box? I tought the drivers was only to improve the card?
a c 290 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 8:49:55 PM

Yes, it should work out of the box. It looks like it's dead on arrival (DOA), though to be sure I'd check it in another PC.
September 23, 2012 8:53:28 PM

Sunius said:
Yes, it should work out of the box. It looks like it's dead on arrival (DOA), though to be sure I'd check it in another PC.

So even tough the fan spins, it dosen't mean it works?
a c 290 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 8:56:09 PM

No. All fan needs is electricity. That doesn't mean the chip isn't faulty.
a c 109 U Graphics card
September 23, 2012 9:14:06 PM

Could be a DOA card.
September 23, 2012 9:17:25 PM

amuffin said:
Could be a DOA card.

Yeah, looks like it. I will try it in another pc tomorrow, if it doesn't work I will return it and get a new one :D 
!