A little help on gpu upgrade

maybe_not011

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Hi everyone,
So I have been using a pretty old card, a 9500GS, it has worked just fine for me for over 4 years. But now I'd like to get some help to choose a new graphics card to replace my older one. So far I've come to know (after some research) that a Hd 5570 would be quite a upgrade for me. I am not a hardcore gamer, though I still play some games and medium settings would be good for me. So I wanted to know that would 5570 be just fine for me? Or is there any other better option for a gpu around $50-$65 (Really short on budget)? I know there are much better cards out there for value, but right now I can't seem to afford them. So, some help would be much appreciated. My screen resolution is 1280x1024.

Thanks!

System specs:
Cpu: Core i3 540
Mobo: Intel Dh55pj
Ram: 4GB
Psu: CM power plus 450watts

samander95

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
There is a great card for sixty dollars, with 2gb of dedicated ram that works great. It will run medium settings on most games. If you want to play battlfield it can run it on midlow setting beautifully. But if your playing games like minecraft or tf2 you will have no problem running it maxed out. I reccomend the foce3d amd ati radeon hd 6450 http://www.amazon.com/Force3D-radeon-graphics-express-windows/dp/B006OS6UAG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1348450166&sr=8-4&keywords=graphics+cards for your gaming needs. I hope this helped you, and also do some research on your gpu. If your willing to spend 90 dollars i highly recommend the his radeon hd 6670 http://www.amazon.com/HIS-Express-Profile-Graphics-H667FN1G/dp/B0062HIQLU/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348450379&sr=1-6&keywords=hd+5570 this will run games very smoothly, and is low profile if you need to put it in a desktop, or slim computer. The hd 5570 is a good card as well but i recommend the his radeon over the 5570. I hope this helped for you, it took me 3 months too find out what graphics card i wanted and i went with the gtx 560 ti so dont worry i know gpus pretty well after alot of research

jtenorj

Distinguished
I guess your 9500gs is an oem card, and your mobo has a pci express graphics(PEG) slot, but I couldn't find a 450w cooler master power plus psu. Did
you mean a gx 450w, or a different wattage power plus(460w perhaps)? Can you link it, or better yet let us know how old it is and how many amps(A) it
has on the +12V rail(or rails, if it has more than 1 +12v rail)? You can find out by looking at the label on the side of the psu after opening the side of
your case. What kind of case do you have(slim, micro atx, atx mid tower)? Can you tell us the model of your oem computer or give us some pics?
Also, are you buying this in the US, some other country with dollars(Canada, Australia, New Zealand), or just using it as a frame of reference to another
country's currency? Do you have a certain site or store you want to shop at? What games do you want to play? I know these are a lot of questions, but
by answering them you will help us help you pick a card that will work best for you under budget while fitting in your case and running on your psu.

Oh, some power supplies with multiple +12v rails have a max wattage they can deliver on all those rails combined. If you have more than 1 +12v rail,
what is the max wattage? I ask because cooler master power supplies are not exactly known for their stellar quality, and your 9500gs(like a 9500gt but
with slower memory so maybe a few more or less watts than the 50w 9500gt) may be close the limit of what your psu can handle. We may want to make
sure you get a card with the same or lower tdp so as to make sure we don't overstress your psu.

G

here ya go:
SAPPHIRE 100323-2L Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 $54.99
$44.99 after $10.00 rebate(s)
nice little card, anything more than 1Gb of Vram is a waste with DDR3 and a 128 bit bus.

and cooler master PSUs has failed before delivering its rated power in testing; esp the lower wattage models i have seen tested; though the card i suggested your system will stay under 200 watts. but its better to plan ahead and upgrade it as soon as you can (esp if it is four years old) than have it fail and it take down some other components as well.

Antec VP-450 450W $34.99
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 $44.99
$24.99 after $20.00 rebate(s)