..................fddflvj

updated now

hehehe

hehehehaedglkajsdflkasjdflaskjfd

adflkjasdflkasjdflaskjfaslkfjadslkjfasldkfjasldfkjasdlfjk

yup
6 answers Last reply
More about windows freezing secs installing
  1. We don't need a full DxDiag readout. I see that you have an Alienware. Go to this link:

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

Find your motherboard, and get the latest drivers for it. Also, make sure the GPU drivers, and Window are all up to date.
  2. Galgorth said:
    Hi,

As the thread title describes, ever since I installed the new Geforce GTX 660 Ti, Windows 7 64-bit has been freezing for between 30-45 seconds whenever I open a graphics application (such as a game) or tab out of/between games. Interestingly this only affects certain games; Dota 2 for example isn't affected by this problem.

My old graphics card setup consisted of crossfired Radeon HD5800s. They died on me after a couple good years of service.

How do I fix this?

Here's my dxdiag:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 9/23/2012, 15:32:34
    Machine name: GRANT-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: Area 51
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12278MB RAM
    Page File: 6776MB used, 17779MB available

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1183&SUBSYS_28431462&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4042 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
    Shared Memory: 2047 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Alienware AW2210 (Digital)
    Monitor Model: Alienware2210
    Monitor Id: DEL404F
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI

Did you use drive fusion to sweep the ati drivers?
  3. determinologyz said:
    Did you use drive fusion to sweep the ati drivers?

I uninstalled the catalyst control center and all the ATI drivers using the remove programs function in windows, I didn't use drive fusion though. Should I uninstall the GTX drivers, use drive fusion, then reinstall the GTX drivers?
  4. obsama1 said:
    We don't need a full DxDiag readout. I see that you have an Alienware. Go to this link:

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

Find your motherboard, and get the latest drivers for it. Also, make sure the GPU drivers, and Window are all up to date.

Will do.
  5. Galgorth said:
    I uninstalled the catalyst control center and all the ATI drivers using the remove programs function in windows, I didn't use drive fusion though. Should I uninstall the GTX drivers, use drive fusion, then reinstall the GTX drivers?

Yes. That will take out the leftover drivers ati left behind and also updateing your mb etc wil help as the last post said..You should be good to go but in drive fusion you want to take off both ati and nvidia drivers and start fresh with the new gtx drivers
  6. I resolved the issue. It turns out to have been USB-related. Thanks though!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Windows 7 Graphics Cards Graphics