Sign in with
Your question

Will this setup work?

Last response: in Systems
November 19, 2012 7:16:13 PM

Hello,

Im attempting to put together a computer. Please can someone just look over my components before i buy them to make sure i haven't got it wrong.
I am trying to build this inside the case of my old Dell Dimension 4600 and use some of the parts such as the harddrive.
MOTHERBOARD - Asus M4N68T-M AMD Socket AM3
PROCESSOR - AMD Sempron 145 2.8GHz 45W Socket AM3
RAM - 2x Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Memory
GRAPHICS CARD - Asus AMD Radeon HD 6450 Silent Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-E, Low Profile, DDR3
PSU - CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx Power Supply
Btw im on a tight budget all of these cost £160
Thanks!

More about : setup work

November 19, 2012 7:33:45 PM

Yes they all work together perfectly. Just make sure you are running a 6t4bit version of windows to be able to use all of that RAM. Also, I would look at a motherboard that supports core unlocking. That single core CPU can be unlocked to a dual core CPU, however, if you don't want to all the parts do work together fine.
November 19, 2012 7:53:24 PM

Okay thanks for the quick reply. Well i thought id get 8g of ram since the mobo can take it and its only £8 a 4g stick. Im not sure what unlocking is. Im intending this to be a gaming pc and basically aiming to run chivalry medievil warfare. Will there be enough power? The current PSU in the dell dimension is 250watt. Maybe i could keep that?
November 19, 2012 8:24:40 PM

Oh also im not 100% sure that the GPU will fit because the mobo only has 1 x PCIe x16 and i think the GPU needs pcie 2.0 x16? sorry for the 'oh and this' I dont know a lot about computers just been reading various forums the last 2 days
!