Good Computer Build?

TigerDirect is selling this bundle: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7430914&csid=_61

I have a AMD Radeon 6770 and a Corsair power supply I'd put in it.

Is this a good computer set up? I currently have an HP Pavilion p6210y with the 6770 and Corsair power supply.
11 answers Last reply
More about good computer build
  1. For the price, that's a great deal, In the future though, I'd reccomend upgrading to 8gb of RAM.
  2. Well the deal comes with 8 gb
  3. Diablotek is a horrendous brand - no matter what they make. You would be very wise to stay far away from them. The problem with those Tiger Direct pre build kits is that they look good on paper but if you look closer they contain a *LOT* of crap hardware - mainly the cases and power supplies.
  4. Well I'm looking more at the computing hardware. Motherboard, processor and RAM. I'll be getting rid of the power supply they're providing.

    How bad can the case be that I can't use it? I don't throw it around, so it pretty much just stays in one place.
  5. itoastie said:
    Well the deal comes with 8 gb


    I agree with g-unit1111, how ever, its only the case. If you use that corsair PSU, you'll be fine. And as for the 8GB statement. They made it sound like there was 4gb ram, but they listed it 2ce, so it may be 8gb. That's a good deal there.
  6. itoastie said:
    Well I'm looking more at the computing hardware. Motherboard, processor and RAM. I'll be getting rid of the power supply they're providing.

    How bad can the case be that I can't use it? I don't throw it around, so it pretty much just stays in one place.


    Lol, as long as you don't drop your PC out a window, you'll probably be fine... Also, I suspect you don't plan on overclocking or anything like that, so as far as air flow goes, you don't need anything better than that case.
  7. itoastie said:
    Well I'm looking more at the computing hardware. Motherboard, processor and RAM. I'll be getting rid of the power supply they're providing.

    How bad can the case be that I can't use it? I don't throw it around, so it pretty much just stays in one place.


    I've used a lot of cheap cases and they cut corners on construction and they're prone to falling apart much easier than more expensive cases would. Diablotek power supplies have a horrible reputation for blowing up and shorting out on people. Their case may be fine, but if their PSUs are any indication I'm not sure how much I would trust that.
  8. g-unit1111 said:
    I've used a lot of cheap cases and they cut corners on construction and they're prone to falling apart much easier than more expensive cases would. Diablotek power supplies have a horrible reputation for blowing up and shorting out on people. Their case may be fine, but if their PSUs are any indication I'm not sure how much I would trust that.


    My friend's PC blew up This summer because he had a Diablotek PSU. We made fun of him for months for being an idiot to trust that brand of PSU. :lol:
  9. griptwister said:
    My friend's PC blew up This summer because he had a Diablotek PSU. We made fun of him for months for being an idiot to trust that brand of PSU. :lol:


    Well hey, if you don't hear our warnings before hand, you get what you pay for! :lol:
  10. Hahah well yeah, I've got a Corsair 600w power supply I'd put in it instead.
  11. itoastie said:
    Hahah well yeah, I've got a Corsair 600w power supply I'd put in it instead.


    That's a much better choice.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Power Supplies Computer Corsair Systems