Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please help with drivers for AMD 7660G + 7670M Dual Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 24, 2012 2:52:15 AM

Hiya!

I just got my new laptop today, and it is running an A10-4600M APU with a 7670M GPU. So that's Radeon 7660G + 7670M Dual Graphics (but most of you probably already know that... just trying to be precise)

What I'm hoping to find is someone with experience about how to optimize this dual graphics setup. I'm new to this... but not a total tool, so I have been googling forums for solutions. The general consensus (so far as I have been able to tell) is that CAP 12.8 (3) and Embedded Catalyst 12.9 is hugely beneficial for this hybrid Crossfire setup and really helps it start to show some gains (instead of the pitfalls previously associated with it). A lot of what I have read does indicate that I could cause some issues if I install the wrong drivers though if they conflicted with my setup.

What I'm hoping for is someone to hold my hand and tell me what drivers I should install, and hopefully provide links to the appropriate drivers. Any and all advice would be appreciated, as I haven't owned a gaming PC since 2001, and I am more than a decade out-of-the-loop.

I have downloaded all of the drivers that I feel are necessary, but again - I'm really looking for some advice and a confidence booster to get me going.

If anyone has suggestions, advice, or is willing to type up a short (stupid-proof ;)  ) tutorial ---> Much obliged!

Best solution

September 24, 2012 3:35:44 PM

Hi,

I have the same setup and it did took me awhile to get the best settings. Here is what I did.

Software:
Catalyst 12.8
Catlayst 12.9 embedded
CAP 12.8 3

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.
http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-unins...


You will lose USB 3.0 function at this point.

2. restart.

3. Install Catalys 12.8 - Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (last option).

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 12.9 embedded - overwrite everything with the control panel

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 12.8 CAP 3

8. restart

Hope it works for you. It worked for me.

Share
September 24, 2012 4:03:16 PM

After doing what ^^ this guy said you are gonna have to configure which programs use the dedicated card and which ones use the onboard gpu...to do this you right click on the desktop and choose configure switchable graphics. high performance means its using the dedicated card and power saving or something means its using the onboard gpu
m
0
l
Related resources
September 24, 2012 4:56:14 PM

First, I want to thank both of you posters! This looks extremely useful :wahoo: 

Second... I want to mention that I'm dumb and impatient... and I went ahead and did the following late last night (What follows is a copy/paste of what I entered onto the AMD forums)

-----------------------------
I just picked a whole bouquet of oopsie-daiseys



I also am totally new to PC Gaming



I just purchased a laptop with an A10-4600M + 7670M (7660G + 7670M Dual Graphics, which I'm sure you guys already know, but I'm trying to be precise).



The general concensus of what I could find out about the graphics situation was that everything was miles better if I updated the graphics drivers to 12.8 (3) with embedded Catalyst 12.9.



So I downloaded those ^^^, and here's what happened.



1. First I started with auto-detect drivers from the AMD site. Everytime I ran it, it said something like "OS and drivers could not be detected" (or nothing at all happened)

2. I installed 12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc ---> here's where it went bad. During installation, I did not read that the display would flicker or cut out. After two minutes of nothing happening, I shut it down hard (DARN!)

3. Upon reboot, I installed 12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc correctly. (AMD Catalyst Display Driver - used express settings)

4. I applied amd_catalyst_12.8_cap3 (12.8 (3) profile)

5. I installed 9.00-120815a-146736C-EDG_Direct (Embedded Catalyst 12.9)

6. I ran the verification tool catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util and it told me "AMD Catalyst Mobie cannot be downloaded because of incompatible hardware/software on my PC"



Heres where I am --->

Display Adapter #1 AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series is Driver version 8.982.0.0



Display Adapter # 2 AMD Radeon HD 7660G + 7600M (why does it say 7600M when it should be 7670M?) is Driver version 9.0.0.0



What have I done? Where should I be? What can I do?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I did that ^^^

They told me that I need to go to my notebook manufacturer's website and install their drivers (I've checked, and Samsung has nothing but manuals and .pdf files for this notebook.

How does what I did apply to the steps you instructed me in?

My laptop is a (NP355V4-S01CA) btw

I think I went and got in over my head... but my heart was in the right place! I just wanted to get the most out of my games :( 
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 5:19:47 PM

Real_GM said:
Hi,

I have the same setup and it did took me awhile to get the best settings. Here is what I did.

Software:
Catalyst 12.8
Catlayst 12.9 embedded
CAP 12.8 3

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.
http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-unins...


You will lose USB 3.0 function at this point.

2. restart.

3. Install Catalys 12.8 - Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (last option).

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 12.9 embedded - overwrite everything with the control panel

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 12.8 CAP 3

8. restart

Hope it works for you. It worked for me.


Hey Real_GM, are those the generic drivers available off their site? I certainly royally screwed-up, because whenever I launch a game now, the screen flickers and nothing happens. The AMD guys are telling me I should only use the drivers off of the Samsung website
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 5:30:10 PM

Also, in the link you provided for removing all ATI/AMD drivers - that would solve my problem wouldn't it!? Because it gets rid of everything :) 

in that link, at step 40. Install your AMD/Nvidia drivers and reboot

That just means I follow the next steps in your guide right? Again, any and all advice in my last three posts would be VERY appreciated, as I'm going to try to fix all of this when I get Home tonight.

I hope I provided all of the relevant information, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys to clear up those last few questions :) 


EDIT * I also have a Samsung NP355V4-S01CA (using an A10-4600M APU). In the link you provided, it notes "Do not use this guide if you have an AMD CPU/Motherboard as you may destroy required chipset files." Does that apply to me :o  ?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 7:33:00 PM

Hi TSnake,

1. I used the guide for uninstall and it was fine. It does wipe everything AMD thing off, include chipset stuff, but windows can still run. You can reinstall the files later (That's the steps I've typed out).

It WON'T destroy your chipset. At worse it will crash your windows, but you can recover it from safe mode or just reinstall the drivers. But that never happaned to me.


2. 12.8 and CAP 3 can be downloaded from these links

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad...

Embedded from here

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/embedded/Pages/em...

My Driver version is the same one you have listed. Don't worry about 7600M, its just their label.

3. When you run a game, make sure your profile for the game is in High Performance Mode.

Run the game. Quit it. Right click on desktop, go to the gual graphic option.

You game should have listed on a list. On the rght side of the Item, make sure it says high performance mode.


4. I used these drivers on my samsung and is without problem so far. Make sure that your battery profile is at High Performance.

To do that, click on the battery icon on your task bar, select more power options, then select High Performance. Press OK.

Hope that helps
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 7:42:31 PM

Make sure the sequence of install is as I defined. I had problems with the installation before and the way I did it worked for me.

1. Uninstall
2. 12.8
3. 12.9 embedded
4. CAP3
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:02:26 PM

One more thing, This laptop has enough power to be a gaming laptop, but its not really designed to be one.

It gets really hot after extensive gaming session.

I would suggest you to get a cooling pad. I have one from cooler master and it made a world of difference.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:48:31 PM

Real_GM said:
One more thing, This laptop has enough power to be a gaming laptop, but its not really designed to be one.

It gets really hot after extensive gaming session.

I would suggest you to get a cooling pad. I have one from cooler master and it made a world of difference.



Heading Home now to attempt this

Thanks for all the help... Hopefully you read through my other couple of posts and I have nothing to worry about :D 

Wish me Luck

I'll check back in and tell you how it all turned out

it's just the generic beta drivers of their website right?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:51:57 PM

These are official 12.9 embedded drivers. yup. from the AMD website. Just make sure you are downloading the Windows 7 version.

The real 12.9 beta comes out later this week.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:56:03 PM

Real_GM said:
These are official 12.9 embedded drivers. yup. from the AMD website. Just make sure you are downloading the Windows 7 version.

The real 12.9 beta comes out later this week.


Does that mean I have to wipe my drivers again in a week to upgrade? (assuming out works this time ;)  )
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:57:30 PM

Heh. don't know. maybe you can just install the new driver over it. Only time will till =P
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 10:04:04 PM

QUESTION!!!

In your Step #5, when you say "overwrite everything with the control panel" --- what does that mean? I have an option for "express" or "custom"

I'm not exactly sure how you want me to proceed with Embedded Catalyst 12.9

Do you mean do a custom install, and then select everything this time (including the bottom option of the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre (which I assume is the "control panel" as you referenced it, because that is basically what it is and it has been the last option on both lists)
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 10:09:27 PM

Hi,

Just install everything, press custom, next, make sure everything is checked, and proceed with the 12.9 installation
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 10:18:27 PM

Well, I'm open to ideas!

I'm testing this with Dirt 3 (which still does not execute), and I'm kinda sad now :( 

I followed your instructions to the letter, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I did exactly as your guide stated

Is there another way to test if it worked properly?

can you provide links so I can make sure the Catalyst software I installed was correct? I just don't understand how it couldn't have worked, when everyone else is talking about how good it is :( 
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 10:27:19 PM

12.8 http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_...

12.9 embedded
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/embedded/9.00-120815a-14673...

CAP3 http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_application...

Is this a pirated version of DIRT3 or is it through steam?

I don't think it matters, but I reinstalled windows 7. This shouldn't affect driver issues though.

When you say DIRT3 is not executing, does it mean its slow or does it not start?

Try disable dual graphics at the catalyst control panel to see if that works.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 10:50:39 PM

Those were the ones I installed... and it is a Steam version of DiRT 3 EDIT* I tried disabling it - still no go using just the APU. It attempts to load, then the screen goes black, and I stay on that black screen until I manually bring myself to the desktop and an error message reads "a program caused DiRT 3 executable to fail yadayadayada"

I'm downloading blacklight right now to see if it is just that one game that isn't working

Crazy strange that we purchased identical notebooks but it works on yours and not on mine. If you think of any step you left out, please let me know :)  You were super helpful regardless, and I'm sure this would work for other individuals, so I'll give you Best Answer in 24hrs (I'm leaving it open in the hopes that more people take a look at this thread).

Could it possibly be because I had DiRT 3 installed prior to following your directions...? Or maybe because Easy Samsung Software Management Agent altered something? (I haven't run it since following your steps though).

I'm pretty confounded though... guess all that is left to do is revert back to a factory reset...?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 11:16:06 PM

Maybe because I got the pink version of the laptop =P

Worse come to worst, try the modded driver from 3dguru
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368602

then install cap3 again.

I basically uninstall all the samsung stuff except easy settings.
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 9:07:09 AM

IT LIVES!!!

You weren't kidding that it gets hot :o  Holy smokes, after ten minutes of gaming, the spot where the palm of my left hand rests was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal warm. I wonder if that is because we are no longer using the default drivers and sort of pushing this laptop beyond what it should be doing?

definitely looking into a cooling pad!
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 9:12:58 AM

Pumped that this is working! Hot as heck, but so super-smooth.

Real_GM, if you are ever in Oshawa, Ontario, I'm buying you a beer. And that beer will be scaled to your helpfulness. You will receive a schooner of beer! Big beer for a big help :sol: 

But seriously, my advice to anyone with this setup reading this thread - do exactly what he tells you in his first post. My only additional advice would be to take those steps as soon as possible. I did a factory reset and followed your steps - worked like a charm. Not sure why it didn't the first time I did it, but it just seems to take better with a fresh setup. Wow, my games are waaaaaay smoother than expected. Now to solve the heating issue ;) 
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 1:04:43 PM

Hey!

Cheers that it works!! I know that feeling =)

Btw, this is the cooling pad I'm using and its working great.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683...

I got it for 18 bucks when it was on sales. but I think 22 buck is good enough if you really need it.

The heat issue should not be related to the driver. The palm rest gets because of their design. They didn't factor in that the RAM gets hot too. I've been trying to find heat spreader for the ram with no luck.

But I'm glad you can play games on it now. word of advice, don't put it on your lap ; )
m
0
l
September 29, 2012 12:22:58 AM

Hello,

Another fellow Canadian here... I also happen to own the Samsung NP355V4 and such a great performing machine. Amazing $/performance! ($449 + tax) :D 

This is an extremely useful thread for us owners of this laptop and I look forward to trying the driver setup as you had mentioned.

Before I do move on to the modification, would any of you be able to elaborate more on the increase in FPS? Still running in Dual Graphics or disabled?

Anyone running SC2? BFBC2? and perhaps BF3?

Thanks a lot.
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 9:37:48 PM

Best answer selected by Trouzzzersnake.
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 9:41:26 PM

ExtremeOC said:
Hello,

Another fellow Canadian here... I also happen to own the Samsung NP355V4 and such a great performing machine. Amazing $/performance! ($449 + tax) :D 

This is an extremely useful thread for us owners of this laptop and I look forward to trying the driver setup as you had mentioned.

Before I do move on to the modification, would any of you be able to elaborate more on the increase in FPS? Still running in Dual Graphics or disabled?

Anyone running SC2? BFBC2? and perhaps BF3?

Thanks a lot.


Where the @#$% did you find this laptop for $449 at!? I bought it for $599, and I've heard of some people picking it up at $549, but never less than that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VWq4nZYUc&feature=plcp <--- that's a link to this setup running BF3 - I'm not sure what drivers he is using though

I updated my drivers straight away with Real_GM's help, so I do not know how the drivers originally performed.
m
0
l
October 1, 2012 12:20:40 AM

TrouzzzerSnake said:
Where the @#$% did you find this laptop for $449 at!? I bought it for $599, and I've heard of some people picking it up at $549, but never less than that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VWq4nZYUc&feature=plcp <--- that's a link to this setup running BF3 - I'm not sure what drivers he is using though

I updated my drivers straight away with Real_GM's help, so I do not know how the drivers originally performed.


Hahaha. The laptop was priced at $549 but there was an offer to get $100 gift card for HP laptops and I said i'll grab the notebook if you get me the same offer :)  Long and behold... they accepted !

I was ready to pay the $549 but I thought i'd try my chances and it worked, so i'm glad.

Thanks for the video link, seems to do pretty good.

I'll update drivers soon!

Thanks for your reply
m
0
l
May 18, 2013 7:26:08 PM

drums101 said:
After doing what ^^ this guy said you are gonna have to configure which programs use the dedicated card and which ones use the onboard gpu...to do this you right click on the desktop and choose configure switchable graphics. high performance means its using the dedicated card and power saving or something means its using the onboard gpu


I have just completed the steps in this guide to update my drivers, but i still don't see an option to "configure which programs use the dedicated card and which ones use the onboard gpu". When I right click the desktop, I fon't have any extra options for swithing my graphics. Help plz.

I think i know where i messed up. What does the dude providing the steps in this guide mean by "overwrite everything with the control panel" in step 5. Thanks.
m
0
l
May 19, 2013 11:58:30 AM

When you exit an application for the first time, Catalyst will ask you to Configure Switchable Graphics. You have an option between "Power Saver" (on-die GPU) and "High Performance" (dedicated GPU). This only effects you for gaming applications if you have gone into the Catalyst Control Centre and disabled AMD dual graphics - if you haven't, regardless of your switchable graphics settings, your on-die GPU and dedicated GPU will run as dual-graphics while gaming.

This is EXTREMELY important for this graphics setup. For instance, AMD Dual Graphics gives me an excellent boost while playing Battlefield 3, but causes my system to produce excessive heat and lowers FPS while playing ANNO 2070. However, if I disable AMD Dual Graphics and play ANNO 2070, I can play at a higher graphics quality while still pulling down a smooth framerate. It's very important to find out if the boost you're getting from Dual Graphics is worth it... or even a boost at all! Some games just don't play nice with it
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 7:09:50 PM

Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !
m
0
l
July 20, 2013 3:43:28 PM

crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 
m
0
l
November 5, 2013 8:25:35 PM

MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 7:03:24 PM

dboyman said:
MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?


Hi guys, regarding to the versions updated, lets me tell you guys it works!!! hahaha. I was the scapegoat xD. I used the same steps but with versions updated, here they are:

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.

2. restart.

3. Install the lastest Catalyst 13.11 Mobility (amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.2). Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (in this version is not the last option).

Note:AMD didn't want me to get the no beta ones. So if you have some no beta driver is up to you wether upgrade or not.

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 13.151 embedded (is the last one i found) - overwrite everything with the control panel.

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 13.5 CAP 1 (this one was very complicated to find because in AMD's website is no available anymore. So if you can't get it ask me and i will upload it)

8. restart

To end no problem appears in the last 4 hours after I did these steps,and playing softly and happy ^^.
My laptop is the ACER ASPIRE V3-551G-X419 with the APU A10-4600M and DUAL GRAPHICS 7660G+7670M.

Regards
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 9:29:40 AM

Erlington said:
dboyman said:
MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?


Hi guys, regarding to the versions updated, lets me tell you guys it works!!! hahaha. I was the scapegoat xD. I used the same steps but with versions updated, here they are:

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.

2. restart.

3. Install the lastest Catalyst 13.11 Mobility (amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.2). Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (in this version is not the last option).

Note:AMD didn't want me to get the no beta ones. So if you have some no beta driver is up to you wether upgrade or not.

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 13.151 embedded (is the last one i found) - overwrite everything with the control panel.

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 13.5 CAP 1 (this one was very complicated to find because in AMD's website is no available anymore. So if you can't get it ask me and i will upload it)

8. restart

To end no problem appears in the last 4 hours after I did these steps,and playing softly and happy ^^.
My laptop is the ACER ASPIRE V3-551G-X419 with the APU A10-4600M and DUAL GRAPHICS 7660G+7670M.

Regards


Man You are Hero of the Month ! At last i can set the true drivers. I'm using
Samsung NP355V5C S0ATR with 7640G and 7600M and donno what to do. Now i will setup

amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.4.exe
and restart. And
13-9_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe
And then i cannot find 13.5 CAP 1 or better version. Can you send it to my mail ? i tried to pm you but i cannot find.

wowturk@gmail.com is my mail. Thanks for help man !
m
0
l
December 1, 2013 12:24:45 PM

Erlington said:
dboyman said:
MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?


Hi guys, regarding to the versions updated, lets me tell you guys it works!!! hahaha. I was the scapegoat xD. I used the same steps but with versions updated, here they are:

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.

2. restart.

3. Install the lastest Catalyst 13.11 Mobility (amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.2). Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (in this version is not the last option).

Note:AMD didn't want me to get the no beta ones. So if you have some no beta driver is up to you wether upgrade or not.

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 13.151 embedded (is the last one i found) - overwrite everything with the control panel.

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 13.5 CAP 1 (this one was very complicated to find because in AMD's website is no available anymore. So if you can't get it ask me and i will upload it)

8. restart

To end no problem appears in the last 4 hours after I did these steps,and playing softly and happy ^^.
My laptop is the ACER ASPIRE V3-551G-X419 with the APU A10-4600M and DUAL GRAPHICS 7660G+7670M.

Regards


Can you post links to the programs especially 13.5 CAP 1. Please and thank you!
m
0
l
December 5, 2013 12:26:15 PM

dboyman said:
Erlington said:
dboyman said:
MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?


Hi guys, regarding to the versions updated, lets me tell you guys it works!!! hahaha. I was the scapegoat xD. I used the same steps but with versions updated, here they are:

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.

2. restart.

3. Install the lastest Catalyst 13.11 Mobility (amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.2). Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (in this version is not the last option).

Note:AMD didn't want me to get the no beta ones. So if you have some no beta driver is up to you wether upgrade or not.

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 13.151 embedded (is the last one i found) - overwrite everything with the control panel.

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 13.5 CAP 1 (this one was very complicated to find because in AMD's website is no available anymore. So if you can't get it ask me and i will upload it)

8. restart

To end no problem appears in the last 4 hours after I did these steps,and playing softly and happy ^^.
My laptop is the ACER ASPIRE V3-551G-X419 with the APU A10-4600M and DUAL GRAPHICS 7660G+7670M.

Regards


Can you post links to the programs especially 13.5 CAP 1. Please and thank you!


Sure here is the link just the 13.5 CAP 1 http://adf.ly/aL2j1 , the other ones are easy to download from AMD's Website. Please post the link wherever you want without hesitance, the purpose is helping other people outside of Toms territory either xD.
Regards and Gaming.

m
0
l
December 11, 2013 4:46:38 PM

Erlington said:
dboyman said:
Erlington said:
dboyman said:
MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?


Hi guys, regarding to the versions updated, lets me tell you guys it works!!! hahaha. I was the scapegoat xD. I used the same steps but with versions updated, here they are:

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.

2. restart.

3. Install the lastest Catalyst 13.11 Mobility (amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.2). Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (in this version is not the last option).

Note:AMD didn't want me to get the no beta ones. So if you have some no beta driver is up to you wether upgrade or not.

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 13.151 embedded (is the last one i found) - overwrite everything with the control panel.

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 13.5 CAP 1 (this one was very complicated to find because in AMD's website is no available anymore. So if you can't get it ask me and i will upload it)

8. restart

To end no problem appears in the last 4 hours after I did these steps,and playing softly and happy ^^.
My laptop is the ACER ASPIRE V3-551G-X419 with the APU A10-4600M and DUAL GRAPHICS 7660G+7670M.

Regards


Can you post links to the programs especially 13.5 CAP 1. Please and thank you!


Sure here is the link just the 13.5 CAP 1 http://adf.ly/aL2j1 , the other ones are easy to download from AMD's Website. Please post the link wherever you want without hesitance, the purpose is helping other people outside of Toms territory either xD.
Regards and Gaming.




I installed Bioshock Infinite and when I first started the game it said my drivers were out of date, even though they were recently updated. I followed this guide to a T and it worked perfectly, Thanks! However I want to overclock my card and I've read that I right click and open switchable graphics. The Cataclyst Control Center pops up, but the only option I get is to turn my WiFi radio on or off. There is absolutely nothing in there about graphics or display. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 4:37:41 AM


The same thing happened to me, but in my case it was solved unistalling all the previous drivers, even folders and register values. Then I replaced it with the new ones and that's it. Look for the guidance of Toms Hardware aobut how to uninstall ADM's Drivers properly.

Regards
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 8:49:34 PM

Erlington said:
dboyman said:
Erlington said:
dboyman said:
MaliciousRob said:
crazypushy said:
Worked like a charm once your step-by-step process was followed.
Hats off to you man, for this great guide put up by you.
And shame on AMD to not specify such things anywhere !


A lot of the versions are updated. Embedded 13.101, CCC version 13.4, and CAP1 13.5. Anyone do it with these, and if so, quick order please? :) 


I'm curious too. Does anyone have a updated way to update drivers for this setup currently with new drivers now out?


Hi guys, regarding to the versions updated, lets me tell you guys it works!!! hahaha. I was the scapegoat xD. I used the same steps but with versions updated, here they are:

1. Uninstall All the previous AMD/ATI drivers.

2. restart.

3. Install the lastest Catalyst 13.11 Mobility (amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.2). Select ****custom. Install everything except the Control panel (in this version is not the last option).

Note:AMD didn't want me to get the no beta ones. So if you have some no beta driver is up to you wether upgrade or not.

4. Restart.

5. Install Catalyst 13.151 embedded (is the last one i found) - overwrite everything with the control panel.

You should gain USB 3.0 back

6.restart

7. Install 13.5 CAP 1 (this one was very complicated to find because in AMD's website is no available anymore. So if you can't get it ask me and i will upload it)

8. restart

To end no problem appears in the last 4 hours after I did these steps,and playing softly and happy ^^.
My laptop is the ACER ASPIRE V3-551G-X419 with the APU A10-4600M and DUAL GRAPHICS 7660G+7670M.

Regards


Can you post links to the programs especially 13.5 CAP 1. Please and thank you!


Sure here is the link just the 13.5 CAP 1 http://adf.ly/aL2j1 , the other ones are easy to download from AMD's Website. Please post the link wherever you want without hesitance, the purpose is helping other people outside of Toms territory either xD.
Regards and Gaming.



Catalyst 13.151 embedded - I cannot seem to find this file on legit sites, only links on sketchy websites
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 1:36:34 PM

Well people, aparenly AMD released the new 13.12 Driver. My question is, can I use this drivers instead of the mobility version (it's still in 13.11 beta...) in a laptop with APU+GPU?. Someone with experience in this topic? thank you. If you want I can upload the embedded version. I didn't because of some people are affraid to download something from someone unknown...

m
0
l
December 22, 2013 6:56:43 AM

Ppl : Here is what i did and it worked: i got rid of my samsung drivers super easy:

1. Download latest beta mobility drivers from ATI:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows...

2. Uninstall Graphic card drivers and AMD control panel only from your computer.

3. Restart

4. Install drivers you just downloaded

5. Restart.

Enjoy a boost from 5.9 to 6.6 in 5min :) 

Merry Christmas Everyone.
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 3:27:33 PM

Erlington said:
Well people, aparenly AMD released the new 13.12 Driver. My question is, can I use this drivers instead of the mobility version (it's still in 13.11 beta...) in a laptop with APU+GPU?. Someone with experience in this topic? thank you. If you want I can upload the embedded version. I didn't because of some people are affraid to download something from someone unknown...


do you have the embedded drivers?
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 3:28:28 PM

Can someone provide me with all the drivers? im confused with which ones i have to use
m
0
l
January 26, 2014 5:03:45 PM

meagdarren said:
Erlington said:
Well people, aparenly AMD released the new 13.12 Driver. My question is, can I use this drivers instead of the mobility version (it's still in 13.11 beta...) in a laptop with APU+GPU?. Someone with experience in this topic? thank you. If you want I can upload the embedded version. I didn't because of some people are affraid to download something from someone unknown...


do you have the embedded drivers?


Sorry for late... I've been a quite bussy. On the other hand, here is the last embedded driver I could find:
Embedded: http://adf.ly/cfvHz

Second, the lastest mobility driver from AMD to laptops as us.
32 bits, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows...
64 bits, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows...

Lastly the 13.5 CAP 1
http://adf.ly/aL2j1

Regards and gaming ^^

m
1
l
January 27, 2014 2:21:36 AM

Thank you so much
m
0
l
April 4, 2014 4:23:08 PM

Erlington said:
meagdarren said:
Erlington said:
Well people, aparenly AMD released the new 13.12 Driver. My question is, can I use this drivers instead of the mobility version (it's still in 13.11 beta...) in a laptop with APU+GPU?. Someone with experience in this topic? thank you. If you want I can upload the embedded version. I didn't because of some people are affraid to download something from someone unknown...


do you have the embedded drivers?


Sorry for late... I've been a quite bussy. On the other hand, here is the last embedded driver I could find:
Embedded: http://adf.ly/cfvHz

Second, the lastest mobility driver from AMD to laptops as us.
32 bits, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows...
64 bits, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows...

Lastly the 13.5 CAP 1
http://adf.ly/aL2j1

Regards and gaming ^^



I have this HP laptop with AMD A6-4400M 2.7 GHz Dual core APU with 7520G GPU + 7670M GPU, http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?pro...

The problem is that i tried all the above but still cant actually update my 7670M display driver. Beyond: 8.941.1.0 which My Win7 65 bit Home edition does automatically. Even tried to force disable automatic driver check and stull when using the Mobility catalyst doesnt detect my 7670M and thus no display driver update is available in the custom installation. Only the 7520G gets updated to 13.351.1001.0


Any help?
m
0
l
July 1, 2014 10:44:46 AM

Many Drivers were updated, What is the best option now?
m
0
l
!