Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How do i switch from integrated to dedicated graphics?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 24, 2012 3:40:19 AM

Hello, I will soon be acquiring a HP Pavilion dv6-6135dx. It has both integrated graphics and dedicated graphics. I do alot of gaming, and usually im around a place that has a power outlet, so battery life is usually not an issue. Anyway, I would like to know how to make Minecraft or games like it use the dedicated card, and not the integrated graphics card. I am very new at all this computer stuff, but I can learn fast. Thank you all in advance.
September 24, 2012 3:54:17 AM

You should be able to set what programs use which graphics card in Catalyst, assuming it's similar to nvidia optimus which i'm pretty sure it is.
Related resources

Best solution

September 24, 2012 4:19:41 AM

MW74126 said:
Hello, I will soon be acquiring a HP Pavilion dv6-6135dx. It has both integrated graphics and dedicated graphics. I do alot of gaming, and usually im around a place that has a power outlet, so battery life is usually not an issue. Anyway, I would like to know how to make Minecraft or games like it use the dedicated card, and not the integrated graphics card. I am very new at all this computer stuff, but I can learn fast. Thank you all in advance.

It should be done automatically in the background based on load. So when you are gaming, it should switch to dedicated automatically. However, one of the features states:
Quote:
User-initiated switching via AMD Catalyst Control Centerâ„¢ or control panel

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/switchable-...

So I'd try the CCC (Catalyst Control Center). My guess is it would either be under performance or power management.
October 1, 2012 5:13:38 PM

Best answer selected by MW74126.
October 1, 2012 5:16:21 PM

Thank you all for your awnsers, I know how to do it now.
October 1, 2012 7:42:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!