Sign in with
Your question

660ti vs 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 24, 2012 4:16:29 AM

One of my SLI 560ti Sc cards died on me and soon i am going to be going to a single card setup rather then buy another 560. Which of these would be the better choice? I mainly play FPS games and WOW im looking for a card that is efficent and comparable to the 560 SLI setup. thank you

More about : 660ti 670

September 24, 2012 4:20:53 AM

Gtx 670 for $400. Its a great price/performance card.
m
l
September 24, 2012 4:20:59 AM

What resolution do you play on? Obviously the GTX 670 is going to offer better performance than the GTX 660 t; it all depends on how much you are willing to spend. Which FPS games?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 24, 2012 4:34:18 AM

Well if you can find it in stock or order it from Asus I would be all over that Asus 670 TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans.heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is a monster let's keep it on the real not only does it violently murder the 660 TI it also beats the crap out most of the other 670 cards and it does it without even breaking a sweat!Those are some of the reasons TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...

Quote :

"Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested.I simply can't find anything wrong with it." :o  I have personally had the pleasure of using this card my friend has it and since i have gtx 570's when i was gaming with the 670 TOP i was like

Uploaded with ImageShack.us If you can't find or get the Asus 670 TOP then your next best option would be MSI PE 670 it's quite a beast! MSI Power Edition Architecture Boosts Overclocking Potential by 22.5%
The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition graphics card is based on the MSI Power Edition architecture: Afterburner's Triple Overvoltage allows the GPU, Memory and PLL(Aux) voltages to be adjusted. The Enhanced PWM design provides 25% more current than the reference design to ensure high stability during overclocking.

Twin Frozr IV: 20°C Cooler and 11.7dB Quieter than Reference Board
The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition is equipped with MSI's latest Twin Frozr IV Thermal Design. MSI's exclusive Dust Removal technology automatically reverses the fans at startup to prevent dust build-up dust and optimize the cooling module's ability to dissipate heat.

Patented Propeller Blade technology provides 20% more air flow over conventional fans and increases the effective cooling area. When combined with dual 8 cm temperature-controlled fans, SuperPipe technology, and a nickel-plated copper base, temperatures are effectively reduced by up to 20°C and noise by 11.7dB!

MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djj7jW6ny2M&feature=rela... it's one bad mofo lol.
m
l
!