  • Speakers
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 8:46:55 PM

I have RTFM twice, but I just can't find it. Maybe there is a page
missing in my user manual?

How do I activate the speaker on my brand new 6230? Or am I naive to
assume that a phone with a speaker *must* have a speakerphone function?

More about : speakerphone function 6230

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 8:46:56 PM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:46:55 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have RTFM twice, but I just can't find it. Maybe there is a page
>missing in my user manual?
>
>How do I activate the speaker on my brand new 6230? Or am I naive to
>assume that a phone with a speaker *must* have a speakerphone function?

You can only do it once the connection has been made:

If you are dialling, once the other end starts ringing
If you are receiving, once you have accepted the call

One of the menu buttons, can't remember off hand which one, gains a
label Loudspeaker - hit that and you are in speakerphone mode.

HTH

--

Shevek

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

Get Firefox!
December 16, 2004 12:21:42 AM

When you make a call and the "time is right", the right hand soft key
function will change from "cancel" to "speaker" - press at this time to
activate speaker mode.
Once in "speaker" mode, right hand soft key function displays "normal" - you
can then press this to return to handset mode.
H.T.H
John.T

"Shevek" <drshevekFOADSPAMMERS@FOADSPAMMERSgmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:46:55 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have RTFM twice, but I just can't find it. Maybe there is a page
> >missing in my user manual?
> >
> >How do I activate the speaker on my brand new 6230? Or am I naive to
> >assume that a phone with a speaker *must* have a speakerphone function?
>
> You can only do it once the connection has been made:
>
> If you are dialling, once the other end starts ringing
> If you are receiving, once you have accepted the call
>
> One of the menu buttons, can't remember off hand which one, gains a
> label Loudspeaker - hit that and you are in speakerphone mode.
>
> HTH
>
> --
>

> Shevek
>
> Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
> http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493
>
> Get Firefox!
> http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=8681&t=1
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 16, 2004 7:41:53 AM

wrote:

>I have RTFM twice, but I just can't find it. Maybe there is a page
>missing in my user manual?
>
>How do I activate the speaker on my brand new 6230? Or am I naive to
>assume that a phone with a speaker *must* have a speakerphone function?

The 6230 has a loudspeaker, but not a speakerphone - it doesn't
amplify your voice to enable you to put it on a table and speak
normally, if that's what you mean.
December 16, 2004 10:46:13 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:41:53 +0000, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:46:55 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I have RTFM twice, but I just can't find it. Maybe there is a page
>>missing in my user manual?
>>
>>How do I activate the speaker on my brand new 6230? Or am I naive to
>>assume that a phone with a speaker *must* have a speakerphone function?
>
>The 6230 has a loudspeaker, but not a speakerphone - it doesn't
>amplify your voice to enable you to put it on a table and speak
>normally, if that's what you mean.

Mine works fine used like that........
--
Munch
Anonymous

Ohhhh Yes it does!!

Also works quite fine sitting in a cradle on the dashboard of my vehicle, on
handsfree (speakerphone) mode.

"ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:46:55 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have RTFM twice, but I just can't find it. Maybe there is a page
> >missing in my user manual?
> >
> >How do I activate the speaker on my brand new 6230? Or am I naive to
> >assume that a phone with a speaker *must* have a speakerphone function?
>
> The 6230 has a loudspeaker, but not a speakerphone - it doesn't
> amplify your voice to enable you to put it on a table and speak
> normally, if that's what you mean.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 3:39:29 PM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:21:42 GMT, "Johnny Turbo"
<johnt825popi@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>When you make a call and the "time is right", the right hand soft key
>function will change from "cancel" to "speaker" - press at this time to
>activate speaker mode.
>Once in "speaker" mode, right hand soft key function displays "normal" - you
>can then press this to return to handset mode.

There's one slightly annoying complication to that. If you've used the
keypad to send DTMF tones during the call prior to switching to the
speaker, you have to use the clear button to delete each digit in turn
from the display in order to get the "Loudsp." label to appear again.

Chris