Sign in with
Your question

New to this, and Installed 660ti drivers but won't boot now.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 24, 2012 5:14:57 AM

Hey all,

So I'm new here, and new to this, specifically PC hardware and building my own PC. I've done Macs for about a decade now, and I've used windows for 5 years. I decided to build my own rig for Work and Gaming and I got everything purchased, installed and running to some degree. But I hit a hug wall. So I have a EVGA Nvidia 660ti SC 2gb GPU and every time I install the drivers for it it restarts, and gets stuck at the starting window screen. I've reinstalled the OS numerous times. I've checked the device manager to see if its listed, it is. I've tried older drivers, just incase. Nothing works. I know its something to do with the drivers because I can restore to point before I've installed them and it boots fine, besides not having the drivers installed with odd looking screen resolutions and whatnot. Before I install the drivers the Device Manager has the card as a VGA adapter or something similar, I can boot into Safe Mode after install and the D.M. lists it as a Nvidia 660ti. So its installing, but something is jiving to keep it from booting after install. Please Help! This is definitely frustrating.

Thanks!
September 24, 2012 5:28:30 AM

Yeah, tried those a couple of times, tried the last two versions as well. I'm assuming the hardware is fine, because I'm using the DVI through the card even without drivers. and it shows up under the Device Manager... I'm just kinda lost at this point now.
m
l
September 24, 2012 5:49:55 AM

Austinbwood said:
Yeah, tried those a couple of times, tried the last two versions as well. I'm assuming the hardware is fine, because I'm using the DVI through the card even without drivers. and it shows up under the Device Manager... I'm just kinda lost at this point now.

try this..
download driver sweeper software vie below link...

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweepe...

first
uninstall all your driver via control panel as you do normally ,make sure you uninstall all component of nvidia including phys x..(if you had uninstalled all driver already then skip this step)

start your pc in safe mode..run the software in administrator mode..
follow the step and remove all leftover file of your driver as well as physx
then do a clean install of latest nvidia driver and phys x..
then tell me how it works..
m
l
!