Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Guys,
My PC Config:
Processor- Phenom 2 X4 965 3.4 GHz
Ram- 4Gb 1333
motherboard- MSI 880gms E35

can i run Gtx 560 or GTX 560Ti? will anyone bottleneck?please inform me

This comment completely made my night. You have no idea!

Radeon and Nvidia are like Honda and Toyota. They're just manufacturers. I don't know where you would have heard that Radeons don't last as long as Nvidia's. I've had my Radeon HD6950 for quite a long time, almost 2 years. My Nvidia GTX 460 has also lasted quite a while as well.

shobuj66

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

consider nvidia physix issue.does radeon support it?

radeon card doesn't have it, but most users wouldn't use a single card for physx, as it decreases overall fps. Most users will have a second card for physx, which nvidia can use innately and amd can use only after a hacked mod driver.

edit: especially running physx off in this price range, will decrease fps more noticibly, as it doesnt run as fast as top tier cards.

Radeons do not use Physx.

What games are you trying to play that require Physx? Sometimes it is really not noticable. I play with it on Borderlands 2 and it looks pretty, but if I was still using my 6950 and playing Borderlands 2, I would be jealous, but probably not notice it.

shobuj66

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

shobuj66

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

maybe physix will be a big issue in future game upcoming next 2 years

Well, if you get a Radeon, you can still use Physx. Someone has made a hacked version of the Physx driver to work with AMD cards. You still need a Nvidia card though, as its in the hardware to do Physx. You can get a dirt cheap 8800GT or 9800GT and still do Physx if your motherboard supports it.

If you get a 7850, you would probably not need a new power supply, as both cards should run on it because of the 7850's low power draw.

To get a good Nvidia card that will do Physx, you are going to have to shoot for a GTX560 on the cheaper side, or a GTX660. I would not prefer either of these options, because as far as raw performance goes, the 7850 is quicker.

fat-chunk

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Just a thing to take into account:

The new PhysX engine no longer supports the dual card setup (i.e. one primary GPU and another dedicated PhysX GPU).

It may be supported in the future if someone is able to make a compatible mod, but nothing is for sure.

If you really really need to get PhysX, then I would recommend a GTX 560 Ti, as in my opinion it has the best price/performance ratio in that range for Nvidia (and handles PhysX pretty well.)

Well, I would recommend the 7850, but if you really really want Physx that bad, then Nvidia is the only choice right now.

You will not be able to afford the 660 with a new power supply, but you would be able to afford the 560 with a new power supply.

Its quite noticeably slower than the 7850, but still.

shobuj66

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

going beyond budget. perhaps patience will be solution