Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Bottleneck

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 24, 2012 6:51:30 AM

Guys,
My PC Config:
Processor- Phenom 2 X4 965 3.4 GHz
Ram- 4Gb 1333
motherboard- MSI 880gms E35

can i run Gtx 560 or GTX 560Ti? will anyone bottleneck?please inform me

More about : bottleneck

a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 6:56:12 AM

Nope. You should be fine. What power supply do you have?

EDIT: And there are much better options than the 560TI. What is your budget?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 6:58:37 AM

OHH yeahhh.is there any site to get detail info?haven't bought any additional PSU using the one with casing.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 6:59:22 AM

You are going to need a new power supply to run a new graphics card then. If you give me a budget I can give you a good power supply and graphics card to run in your computer.

Do you know what power supply is in there now?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 7:17:49 AM

maximum $80-$100 is planned for PSU
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 7:19:38 AM

$170 is for GPU
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 7:25:35 AM

Well, you don't need to spend all that much on a PSU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That unit should do fine and power any modern graphics card save for dual GPU's.

You can use the money saved that you were going to spend on the PSU on this graphics card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
September 24, 2012 7:59:11 AM

Well, Radeon? Umm, will it last long than Nvidia?
m
0
l
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:04:37 AM

shobuj66 said:
Well, Radeon? Umm, will it last long than Nvidia?


This comment completely made my night. You have no idea!

Radeon and Nvidia are like Honda and Toyota. They're just manufacturers. I don't know where you would have heard that Radeons don't last as long as Nvidia's. I've had my Radeon HD6950 for quite a long time, almost 2 years. My Nvidia GTX 460 has also lasted quite a while as well.
m
0
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:05:44 AM

the reason why amd has that spot as the only real card that competes with that is the 570 and 660, the 570 consumes almost twice the power consumption wise and is hotter while the 660 is about 40$ more expensive.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:09:12 AM

Deemo13 said:
This comment completely made my night. You have no idea!

Radeon and Nvidia are like Honda and Toyota. They're just manufacturers. I don't know where you would have heard that Radeons don't last as long as Nvidia's. I've had my Radeon HD6950 for quite a long time, almost 2 years. My Nvidia GTX 460 has also lasted quite a while as well.

consider nvidia physix issue.does radeon support it?
m
0
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:11:22 AM

radeon card doesn't have it, but most users wouldn't use a single card for physx, as it decreases overall fps. Most users will have a second card for physx, which nvidia can use innately and amd can use only after a hacked mod driver.


edit: especially running physx off in this price range, will decrease fps more noticibly, as it doesnt run as fast as top tier cards.
m
0
l
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:15:26 AM

shobuj66 said:
consider nvidia physix issue.does radeon support it?


Radeons do not use Physx.

What games are you trying to play that require Physx? Sometimes it is really not noticable. I play with it on Borderlands 2 and it looks pretty, but if I was still using my 6950 and playing Borderlands 2, I would be jealous, but probably not notice it.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:31:02 AM

Deemo13 said:
Radeons do not use Physx.

What games are you trying to play that require Physx? Sometimes it is really not noticable. I play with it on Borderlands 2 and it looks pretty, but if I was still using my 6950 and playing Borderlands 2, I would be jealous, but probably not notice it.

m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:33:10 AM

i have watched borderlands 2 gameplay with physix. it was a good experience.dont wanna miss it.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:36:00 AM

dudewitbow said:
radeon card doesn't have it, but most users wouldn't use a single card for physx, as it decreases overall fps. Most users will have a second card for physx, which nvidia can use innately and amd can use only after a hacked mod driver.


edit: especially running physx off in this price range, will decrease fps more noticibly, as it doesnt run as fast as top tier cards.

maybe physix will be a big issue in future game upcoming next 2 years
m
0
l
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:39:30 AM

Well, if you get a Radeon, you can still use Physx. Someone has made a hacked version of the Physx driver to work with AMD cards. You still need a Nvidia card though, as its in the hardware to do Physx. You can get a dirt cheap 8800GT or 9800GT and still do Physx if your motherboard supports it.

If you get a 7850, you would probably not need a new power supply, as both cards should run on it because of the 7850's low power draw.

To get a good Nvidia card that will do Physx, you are going to have to shoot for a GTX560 on the cheaper side, or a GTX660. I would not prefer either of these options, because as far as raw performance goes, the 7850 is quicker.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:41:22 AM

my mobo does not support SLI or crossfire.want to discuss PCI Express 3.0 x16 issue. My mobo is equipped with PCI Express 2.0 x16. so can i afford you suggested card?
m
0
l
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:44:42 AM

PCI-e 3.0 cards will run in 2.0 slots with no performance decrease (ok, I know there is one, but its really really really really small)

And I never said anything about Crossfire or SLI. Do you have 2 PCI-E x16 slots?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:46:44 AM

only one PCI-E x16 slot
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:49:53 AM

Just a thing to take into account:

The new PhysX engine no longer supports the dual card setup (i.e. one primary GPU and another dedicated PhysX GPU).

It may be supported in the future if someone is able to make a compatible mod, but nothing is for sure.

If you really really need to get PhysX, then I would recommend a GTX 560 Ti, as in my opinion it has the best price/performance ratio in that range for Nvidia (and handles PhysX pretty well.)
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:52:23 AM

Best answer selected by shobuj66.
m
0
l
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:54:24 AM

Well, I would recommend the 7850, but if you really really want Physx that bad, then Nvidia is the only choice right now.

You will not be able to afford the 660 with a new power supply, but you would be able to afford the 560 with a new power supply.

Its quite noticeably slower than the 7850, but still.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 8:55:26 AM

fat-chunk said:
Just a thing to take into account:

The new PhysX engine no longer supports the dual card setup (i.e. one primary GPU and another dedicated PhysX GPU).

It may be supported in the future if someone is able to make a compatible mod, but nothing is for sure.

If you really really need to get PhysX, then I would recommend a GTX 560 Ti, as in my opinion it has the best price/performance ratio in that range for Nvidia (and handles PhysX pretty well.)

going beyond budget. perhaps patience will be solution
m
0
l
a c 197 U Graphics card
September 24, 2012 8:58:35 AM

fat-chunk said:
Just a thing to take into account:
The new PhysX engine no longer supports the dual card setup (i.e. one primary GPU and another dedicated PhysX GPU).


How is that so? I have my GTS 250 doing my Physx work and the 460 as my main. If the GTS 250 were not doing the work, there would be no way my 460 could pull the frames it does in Physx games.

It also worked with my Radeon with the hack, but that was before the latest driver set, which may have changed things.

Which should not be the case, because with the hack, you usually use the 285.62 drivers, which are not new.

Nvidia would be doing themself harm if they discontinued dedicated Physx.
m
0
l
!