Win XP Pro and HP ScanJet 5300c scanner

Windows XP Pro does not recognize my HP ScanJet 5300C
scanner - although the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition)
states that the ScanJet 5300c is supported - URL -
us;293356&Product=winxp#appliesto

Any help?
2 answers Last reply
More about scanjet 5300c scanner

    I had and occasionally still have the same problem with my 5400c. With your
    computer "off", try unplugging the scanner from power, wait a minute or two
    and then reconnect the scanner to power and then turn on your computer.
    Sandy

    "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Pro does not recognize my HP ScanJet 5300C
    > scanner - although the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition)
    > states that the ScanJet 5300c is supported - URL -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    > us;293356&Product=winxp#appliesto
    >
    > Any help?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    In message <I-Odnby7w4g0AmTd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, smarks
    <smarks01@comcast.net> writes
    >I had and occasionally still have the same problem with my 5400c. With your
    >computer "off", try unplugging the scanner from power, wait a minute or two
    >and then reconnect the scanner to power and then turn on your computer.
    >Sandy
    >
    >"Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows XP Pro does not recognize my HP ScanJet 5300C
    >> scanner - although the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition)
    >> states that the ScanJet 5300c is supported - URL -
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    >> us;293356&Product=winxp#appliesto
    >>
    >> Any help?

    Are you sure that the HP "installer" worked correctly? When I installed
    the latest HP 5300C drivers on my main XP Pro system it stopped the PC
    booting entirely. I am still trying to undo the damage. The other PC
    sort of installed without error but the scanner drivers were missing and
    the device showed up as "Hewlett-Packard HP5300C scanner" manufacturer
    "Unknown"..

    Even with a notionally successful install I had to go to device manager
    and hand install the right drivers before the thing would play at all.
    It initially had a fat yellow question mark, "no driver files required
    for this device" and not surprisingly did not work.

    It only works erratically even now, but it can at least be reset by
    cycling the power. Oh the wonders of modern plug and pray operating
    systems.

    Regards,
    --
    Martin Brown

Drivers Windows XP Hewlett Packard Scanners Device Driver