Rate My $900 Gaming Build

mitchelofhyrule

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I will be using this build to play games such as Battlefield 3 at max settings. Not planning on overclocking anything just yet, but I went with the K version of the i5-3570 just to have that option for the future. My budget is $900, and my parts add up to almost exactly that total once rebates and shipping are applied. Here's the part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/oqGV Please check my parts for compatibility issues, and feel free to recommend part substitutes that will give me more band for my buck. Also, is a 650W PSU adequate for this build? I don't need to buy a monitor, OS, or mouse and keyboard. Thanks.

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Would get a 2x4gb RAM kit instead for dual-channel.
Also, the Antec Three Hundred Two instead. Cheaper, more modern.

550w would be more than plenty for a single GPU setup. If you're going to Crossfire in the future, up it to a 750w.

All in all, I would rate the build a 9/10.

Oh and, a cheaper optical drive would perform just the same. Also, get one with no shipping cost. :lol:

mitchelofhyrule

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Thanks for the advice! Will probably switch the case, and might look for a 600W PSU for cheaper than my 750W. I originally planned on picking a 2*4 kit, must have selected the wrong one.