Randow crash of software trace to a dll component

Dear all,

I have this software and dll component source code and have to troubleshoot
problem of random software crashing when it starts.

Basically the dll component just go through all available com ports and send
some characters during software startup. If the comports respond it will
start a thread for each port that will communicate with the port.

However, sometime when software start it will crash and give error message
pointing to the above mention DLL. This rarely happen but cause the software
to unuseable since it supposed to start by itself without any human
intervention.

Will appreciate any help, advise and insight into the cause of problem. Will
provide extra info if required.

Cheers.
1 answer Last reply
More about randow crash software trace component

    Are you looking for information on how to debug programs,
    how to setup just-in-time debugger and so on?

    --PA

    "haris" <Haris@Nospam.com> wrote in message news:eSG27OkXEHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have this software and dll component source code and have to troubleshoot
    > problem of random software crashing when it starts.
    >
    > Basically the dll component just go through all available com ports and send
    > some characters during software startup. If the comports respond it will
    > start a thread for each port that will communicate with the port.
    >
    > However, sometime when software start it will crash and give error message
    > pointing to the above mention DLL. This rarely happen but cause the software
    > to unuseable since it supposed to start by itself without any human
    > intervention.
    >
    > Will appreciate any help, advise and insight into the cause of problem. Will
    > provide extra info if required.
    >
    > Cheers.

Drivers Software Components DLL Windows XP