Closed Solved

Playing Battlefield 3

I am building a new computer and it is my first time. Here are the parts that I'm getting

Asrock Z77 Pro4
Intel I5-2500k + Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo (Going to overclock)
MSI NGTX570 Twin Frozr II 1GB
Coolermaster Bronze GX650W PSU

I'm playing on a tv with a resolution of 1280x768. Can it play battlefield 3 on Ultra and with how much FPS?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about playing battlefield
  1. Best answer
    At that resolution you'll be looking at 60 Fps at ultra settings ;).
  2. Thanks for the quick reply!
  3. Best answer selected by sinrix.
  4. ^1 I agree. At that resolution you'll easily rock 60+ fps, but I'd suggest thinking about getting a new monitor. Higher resolution always looks better.
  5. Yeah. I've been considering that too. But I'm short of cash to get a new monitor currently. Any recommendations for a monitor?
  6. What monitor to get? Depends on your budget. You can get good monitors for $200, and you can still use your tv as a second monitor for multitasking.

    Side note, I just feel like a 2500k + 570 = 1080p , or at least a 900p.

    I have the Pro 3 board and I wish I would have bought the Extreme 4 instead. I've seen them for $120ish. It's a better overclocker. I can only overclock to 4.2MHz with a Pro 3, which is disappointing cuz I know a Extreme 4 gets a 4.5MHz Although, would I notice the difference?
  7. I found out that my tv could do at most 1600x1200. Is that good enough? Cause i don't really wanna waste cash on monitors as I also need to get a notebook for my school work.

    Quote:
    I have the Pro 3 board and I wish I would have bought the Extreme 4 instead. I've seen them for $120ish. It's a better overclocker. I can only overclock to 4.2MHz with a Pro 3, which is disappointing cuz I know a Extreme 4 gets a 4.5MHz Although, would I notice the difference?


    Well i'm not sure about that.
  8. Yes, it's good for now. If your tv can do 1600x1200 then I'd save the money and make sure you set your resolution correctly in BF3.

    Your a student? Then save the money for sure. Gaming is fun, but don't let it interfere with what is important. I never gamed in college, and I'm glad I didn't. I got a good degree and learned a lot from not sitting in front of a computer.
  9. Yeah. I'm only gonna use it for at most 2-3 months. After that my bro is the person that will spend most time on it. But in order to use high resolution like 1600x1200, i need to use a hdmi cable, am i right?
  10. Sinrix said:
    Yeah. I'm only gonna use it for at most 2-3 months. After that my bro is the person that will spend most time on it. But in order to use high resolution like 1600x1200, i need to use a hdmi cable, am i right?


    You need to use a HDMI for digital (sound + picture). I use DVI cuz I have speakers that are separate from my monitor so I only need the picture. You need to use HDMI, so make sure you tv and gpu have HDMI.
  11. envy14tpe said:
    You need to use a HDMI for digital (sound + picture). I use DVI cuz I have speakers that are separate from my monitor so I only need the picture. You need to use HDMI, so make sure you tv and gpu have HDMI.


    So if I'm using a headset, I should use the DVI?
  12. If you are using a headset you can use either HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort. DVI and DisplayPort transmit only the picture. HDMI is the same picture + audio. You need HDMI cables if you want the sound transmitted through your cables.

    I don't need sound (my monitor has no speakers) and I use a cheap pair of desktop speakers or headphones.

    I'd suggest using a HDMI cable, so that way you can use your tv speakers or headphones. If it's a DVI then you have to use headphones cuz no sound will come out of your speakers.
  13. Ouh! I get it now! Thanks for your help! Greatly appreciate it! :D
  14. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cooler Master Battlefield Graphics