Looking to upgrade from geforce 9800gt to ??

Wade_Nose

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Good morning guys,

My current Graphics card appears to be dying and on its way out so I am looking for a replacement. However, after trying to find a card by myself the amount of different cards is rather staggering so I came here for some advice. I will give you as much information as possible but if you need more please ask and I will provide what I can.

Here is what is currently in the computer - http://i48.tinypic.com/2z3yyz8.png
It is all currently running off a 400w PSU.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week

BUDGET RANGE: £130 for graphics card (minus new PSU if required)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming - Looking to paly Eve online on 2 monitors at medium settings +

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Power supply 400W see link for pc specs

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: See link for pc specs

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Preferably Scan.co.uk but any site that delivers in the UK is fine.

PARTS PREFERENCES: no Preference

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE:No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Can't tell you till i get home

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Needs 2 outputs - DVI or VGA as I have no HDMI monitors. If I need a new PSU I shall purchase one. Basically want to run Eve Online on 2 monitors, medium detail levels without it killing the card.

Budget - Overall budget of £130 (must include new PSU if needed)

Any help that you guys could give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Wade

Wade_Nose

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Thank you reply mate. Unfortunately this is a little too pricy for me especially if I were to need a new PSU as well.

I'm not too fussed about playing games on Ultra settings as I only really play Eve and I'm happy with that on medium settings. Just need something that isn't going to fry like my current one.

Thanks again!

Wade

A 7770 should be enough while being safe with the power supply, the 9800gt and 7770 use roughly the same amount of power depending on the model. The 55nm model uses around 65w while the 65nm is around 80w. The 7770 is very economical when it comes to power and offers a little less performance depending on the game of a gtx460.

Wade_Nose

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Thank you very much for all the replies guys, it is very much appreciated.

I'll look at these suggestions and take the plunge tomorrow!!!

Thanks again!

Wade