Your question

First Build ~$1400 budget

Last response: in Systems
November 20, 2012 4:29:33 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: ~1400
System Usage from Most to Least Important:gaming and light video editing
Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes- I was wondering if there was a huge glaring reason why i shouldn't buy windows 8 i have already read about media center and all that and also the article on here about gaming and windows 8. I figure might as well buy windows 8.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, amazon

Parts Preferences: No real prefrences
Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes in the future possibly i was wondering if the 650watt power supply would be enough for 2 670s

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments i am interested in hearing suggestions for keyboards and mice. If you know any mice that can be used in wired and wireless mode would be nice. Also on the part lists it list the H100 but im getting the H100i

Heres a link to the pc parts picker page of what i have planned.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/opiE

More about : build 1400 budget

November 20, 2012 5:17:12 AM

I have I friend that just built an AMD FX-8350 with a GA-FX990-UD5 and a XFX6870 DD for about that much.

It is a sweet machine!!

I had selected a better graphics card for him but he didn't want to spend the extra $50 on it.
If I were to go with an Intel I wouldn't settle for less than a 3770K as the AMD is quite a perfomer against the smaller Intel stuff as well as cheaper.

I have an H100 on my FX-6100 at 4.75GHZ and it keeps it about 66 degrees on a full 100% load.
It performs on par with a stock FX8150 or an I5-2500k if not a little better.
I got a sweet deal on it otherwise I would have gotten with 8 core chip and the Vishera had not been released yet.
It is still a great performer by the benchmarks with the XFX6870 DD as I don't have any games for it.
Although, my chip seems to require a bit more voltage at 1.6Vcore than what others are reporting for that kind of overclock.

The new Thermaltake 2 is comparable to the H100 and reports show that it is slightly better in performance to the H100.

My friend has not yet got in to overclocking his FX-8350 or I would post the data for you.
I have read reports of it being 100% stable at even 5GHZ to 5.1GHZ as well on a H100 I think.
I have gotten my FX-6100 at those speeds (4.95Ghz) as well but not 100%.
Only 1 or 2 cores were dropping out and that is it, so I dropped it back to 4.75Ghz to be 100% stable.

Any how that would be reccomendation and not anything less.
Although the I5-2500k or I7-2600k can be had for a reasonable price and are better for overclocking than Intel's newer series.

FWIW

jer :) 

!