MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello.

I do apologize if this thread have been up before! I have not seen one with one using the mini DP to hdmi and that is why I ask.
I have read the guides about eyefinity. This however is the third time I am ordering cables therefor I want to be sure because it is getting expensinve in shipping.

I am using msi 7970 lightning card.

First I ordered 3 DP-hdmi and when I got it and the grapic card I discovered I needed mini DP. I then ordered 3 mini DP to hdmi.
This still wont work as several people states that you can have a maximum of 2 of each kind right unless it is from DP to DP?
So if I exchange one of the cables with an single link active dvi d to mini DP that will solve my problem with connecting all 3 monitors at once?

Thank you for your strongly needed help!

Mathias

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
This is what the card supports:
Single-link DVI-I x 1
Single-link DVI-D x 1
Mini DisplayPort x 4

And as my monitors support hdmi and dvi d ( though the cable I recied with them was not sing-link and therefor did not fit in my card) I thought I could just order
3 mini DP to hdmi.
Now I know this is not the case, there I was thinking getting the single-link active Dvi cable to my dvi or to mini displayport - does not matter for me, but would this solve my problem?

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
So to be 100 % sure. I have 2 monitors working now with mini DP-hdmi.
If I get sl-dvi for the last, my setup should work? and it does not need to be active sl-dvi?

By the way BigMack do you run eyefinity? Because that is the whole problem. I can turn on whichever 2 monitors I want in my setup just not all 3.

Thanks for helping out:)