BF2, cheat protection

Last response: in Video Games
June 23, 2005 3:37:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

Hello Folks

Does anyone know whether BF2 includes improved protecting against
cheaters? For instance, encrypted client/server communication? Something
structurally better than just adding punk-buster?

regards,

Achtung Ecco

More about : bf2 cheat protection

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:37:04 PM

Well the man you need to talk to here is Jarvis, hes running the whole
server show here. Personaly i am not sure, but PB is the Game
protection looking at files in your computer for known scripts, and is
the front line '' picture'' anti cheat thing. As for more complexed
protection, im not sure, but it could have somthing to do with the
sever setup. But this is just my guess work i am a lowly fool with no
server knowledge.
As i said, Jarvis would be the man that would know, or maybe some
other guys round here. If you really need to know and dont fancy
waiting round for a responce lol you can Regester on this site or

http://www.milehiservers.com/

And pm (private message) ''Jarvis''

Sorry for not being too much help :(

--
jackw89

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS...]
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/Orion...]
:cool:
jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:12:01 PM

"jackw89" <jackw89.1r2u1d@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote in message

> Well the man you need to talk to here is Jarvis, hes running the whole
> server show here.

Please be aware you are not posting in a private forum, but on a public
usenet newgroup alt.games.battlefield1942. I guess your forums are running
some sync software to cross post here.

It makes your post's look a little out-of-context, and we wouldn't want you
to get flamed!

Lorian.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:12:02 PM

Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?

--
jackw89

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS...]
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/Orion...]
:cool:
jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:12:03 PM

jackw89 wrote:

> Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
> merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
> different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?

LMAO!

Muahaha -- you've been p00nered...
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:14:43 PM

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message

> Does anyone know whether BF2 includes improved protecting against
> cheaters? For instance, encrypted client/server communication? Something
> structurally better than just adding punk-buster?

The game has it's own built-in md5 checks just before you join a map. When
it says "Verifying Client Files" this is new. Also PB kicks for Stolen Name
Vilolations.

One BF2 player has already been caught with a hack and added to the PSB
Master ban list.

Lorian.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:37:44 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:55:13 -0400, "[AGB] Maj. Dick Winters"
<majdickwinters@agbgaming.com> wrote:

>jackw89 wrote:
>
>> Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
>> merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
>> different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?
>>

>LMAO!
>
>Muahaha -- you've been p00nered...

I just assmuned this Jarvis Diety was in charge of Usenet.

"Jarvis.....this is Magnus. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but i
sure could use your help right about now."

Michael Alan Chary on intelligent Newsgroup discussions:

"I'm not telling him he can't post his inane
opinions here. I'm telling him he's more likely to get a response somewhere
else. That response will be "Levitz is a genius. You're an imbecile.""
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:31:44 AM

"jackw89" <jackw89.1r3anu@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote in message

> Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
> merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
> different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?

Did you never see the twighlight zone, or read the bit Jarvis wrote that
said "These are mirrored newsgroups from the Usenet containing posts from
users around the world. Interact with these users right here on the MHO
Network, but please remember to show MHO courtesy when you use the
newsgroups!"

You might want to ask Jarvis to mirror alt.games.ea.battlefield, the new
group too ;-)

Lorian.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:31:45 AM