BF2, cheat protection

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

Hello Folks

Does anyone know whether BF2 includes improved protecting against
cheaters? For instance, encrypted client/server communication? Something
structurally better than just adding punk-buster?

regards,

Achtung Ecco
8 answers Last reply
More about cheat protection

    Well the man you need to talk to here is Jarvis, hes running the whole
    server show here. Personaly i am not sure, but PB is the Game
    protection looking at files in your computer for known scripts, and is
    the front line '' picture'' anti cheat thing. As for more complexed
    protection, im not sure, but it could have somthing to do with the
    sever setup. But this is just my guess work i am a lowly fool with no
    server knowledge.
    As i said, Jarvis would be the man that would know, or maybe some
    other guys round here. If you really need to know and dont fancy
    waiting round for a responce lol you can Regester on this site or

    http://www.milehiservers.com/

    And pm (private message) ''Jarvis''

    Sorry for not being too much help :(

    --
    jackw89

    [image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS.gif]
    [image:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/OrionsBurningMan.gif]
    :cool:
    jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
    View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890

    "jackw89" <jackw89.1r2u1d@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote in message

    > Well the man you need to talk to here is Jarvis, hes running the whole
    > server show here.

    Please be aware you are not posting in a private forum, but on a public
    usenet newgroup alt.games.battlefield1942. I guess your forums are running
    some sync software to cross post here.

    It makes your post's look a little out-of-context, and we wouldn't want you
    to get flamed!

    Lorian.

    Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
    merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
    different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?

    --
    jackw89

    [image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS.gif]
    [image:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/OrionsBurningMan.gif]
    :cool:
    jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
    View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    jackw89 wrote:

    > Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
    > merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
    > different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?

    LMAO!

    Muahaha -- you've been p00nered...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

    "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message

    > Does anyone know whether BF2 includes improved protecting against
    > cheaters? For instance, encrypted client/server communication? Something
    > structurally better than just adding punk-buster?

    The game has it's own built-in md5 checks just before you join a map. When
    it says "Verifying Client Files" this is new. Also PB kicks for Stolen Name
    Vilolations.

    One BF2 player has already been caught with a hack and added to the PSB
    Master ban list.

    Lorian.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:55:13 -0400, "[AGB] Maj. Dick Winters"
    <majdickwinters@agbgaming.com> wrote:

    >jackw89 wrote:
    >
    >> Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
    >> merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
    >> different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?
    >>

    >LMAO!
    >
    >Muahaha -- you've been p00nered...

    I just assmuned this Jarvis Diety was in charge of Usenet.

    "Jarvis.....this is Magnus. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but i
    sure could use your help right about now."

    Michael Alan Chary on intelligent Newsgroup discussions:

    "I'm not telling him he can't post his inane
    opinions here. I'm telling him he's more likely to get a response somewhere
    else. That response will be "Levitz is a genius. You're an imbecile.""
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "jackw89" <jackw89.1r3anu@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote in message

    > Woah ok JARVIS, SERIOUS malfunction here....some how 2 dimensions have
    > merged into 1 space time continuim and posts are getting posted in from
    > different websites or somthing freaky here...wtf is going on!?

    Did you never see the twighlight zone, or read the bit Jarvis wrote that
    said "These are mirrored newsgroups from the Usenet containing posts from
    users around the world. Interact with these users right here on the MHO
    Network, but please remember to show MHO courtesy when you use the
    newsgroups!"

    You might want to ask Jarvis to mirror alt.games.ea.battlefield, the new
    group too ;-)

    Lorian.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    woah this is trippy..
    i think im having an onlone episode

    --
    jackw89