Car Kits

Last response: in Brands
December 16, 2004 4:07:49 PM

I currently have a Nokia 6820 and a CARK-126 car kit in my car.

In the next couple of months I will be upgrading (probably to a Nokia 6630)
and am a little annoyed to see that it uses a different car kit.

Does anyone know if there is any way of using the 6630 with my CARK-126 car
kit (obviously using a different cradle).

Bluetooth is no use to me as I need the phone to be charged in the cradle
also.

Thanks

More about : car kits

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 6:30:50 PM

NoSpam wrote:
> I currently have a Nokia 6820 and a CARK-126 car kit in my car.
>
> In the next couple of months I will be upgrading (probably to a
> Nokia 6630) and am a little annoyed to see that it uses a different
> car kit.
> Does anyone know if there is any way of using the 6630 with my
> CARK-126 car kit (obviously using a different cradle).

I don't know the CARK-126, does it use a POP port..? If so you can get a
cradle to match. If not, you're out of luck.

> Bluetooth is no use to me as I need the phone to be charged in the
> cradle also.

Nokia do make a cradle that charges a phone while it's being used with a
bluetooth kit but I don't recall the model number. A search of their
website should help.

Ivor
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 6:50:57 PM

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message
> NoSpam wrote:
>> I currently have a Nokia 6820 and a CARK-126 car kit in my car.
>>
>> In the next couple of months I will be upgrading (probably to a
>> Nokia 6630) and am a little annoyed to see that it uses a different
>> car kit.
>> Does anyone know if there is any way of using the 6630 with my
>> CARK-126 car kit (obviously using a different cradle).
>
> I don't know the CARK-126, does it use a POP port..? If so you can get a
> cradle to match. If not, you're out of luck.

Yes, the CARK-126 uses the POP port.

So it's just a case of getting the cradle for the 6330 and it will fit my
existing car kit connectors fine I assume?

>> Bluetooth is no use to me as I need the phone to be charged in the
>> cradle also.
>
> Nokia do make a cradle that charges a phone while it's being used with a
> bluetooth kit but I don't recall the model number. A search of their
> website should help.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 16, 2004 9:43:27 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:50:57 -0000, "NoSpam" <NoSpam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message
>> NoSpam wrote:
>>> I currently have a Nokia 6820 and a CARK-126 car kit in my car.
>>>
>>> In the next couple of months I will be upgrading (probably to a
>>> Nokia 6630) and am a little annoyed to see that it uses a different
>>> car kit.
>>> Does anyone know if there is any way of using the 6630 with my
>>> CARK-126 car kit (obviously using a different cradle).
>>
>> I don't know the CARK-126, does it use a POP port..? If so you can get a
>> cradle to match. If not, you're out of luck.
>
>Yes, the CARK-126 uses the POP port.
>
>So it's just a case of getting the cradle for the 6330 and it will fit my
>existing car kit connectors fine I assume?
>
>>> Bluetooth is no use to me as I need the phone to be charged in the
>>> cradle also.
>>
>> Nokia do make a cradle that charges a phone while it's being used with a
>> bluetooth kit but I don't recall the model number. A search of their
>> website should help.

No good, it's bluetooth only like the 6260, 7610 etc even though it
has a pop-port connector.

The CR-1 holder for the 6630 does not have a bridged pop-port
connector (nor does it support an antenna coupler) like the MBC-15S so
you can't connect the CARK-126/CK-7W system cable, well you could
probably connect the system cable directly to the phone, but I
wouldn't recommend it as it will damage the cable over time and maybe
the phone and I'm not sure it would work personally.

Blame Nokia for their design oversights.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 11:38:13 AM

> No good, it's bluetooth only like the 6260, 7610 etc even though it
> has a pop-port connector.
>
> The CR-1 holder for the 6630 does not have a bridged pop-port
> connector (nor does it support an antenna coupler) like the MBC-15S so
> you can't connect the CARK-126/CK-7W system cable, well you could
> probably connect the system cable directly to the phone, but I
> wouldn't recommend it as it will damage the cable over time and maybe
> the phone and I'm not sure it would work personally.
>
> Blame Nokia for their design oversights.

When I got the 7210 then the 7250i, and then the 6820 (all of which I used
in the car kit) I was told that the POP port was the connector for all
future Nokia's and therefore no accessories (including car kits) would ever
be useless!

So does the CK-7W kit do the job properly? It says it can be used wired or
bluetooth but doesn't say if the phone can be charged in the holder, which
is what I need.
December 17, 2004 11:57:55 AM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:38:13 -0000, "NoSpam" <NoSpam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>> No good, it's bluetooth only like the 6260, 7610 etc even though it
>> has a pop-port connector.
>>
>> The CR-1 holder for the 6630 does not have a bridged pop-port
>> connector (nor does it support an antenna coupler) like the MBC-15S so
>> you can't connect the CARK-126/CK-7W system cable, well you could
>> probably connect the system cable directly to the phone, but I
>> wouldn't recommend it as it will damage the cable over time and maybe
>> the phone and I'm not sure it would work personally.
>>
>> Blame Nokia for their design oversights.
>
>When I got the 7210 then the 7250i, and then the 6820 (all of which I used
>in the car kit) I was told that the POP port was the connector for all
>future Nokia's and therefore no accessories (including car kits) would ever
>be useless!

Well I haven't seen a Nokia series 60 device that has been compatible
with pop-port carkits yet.

>So does the CK-7W kit do the job properly? It says it can be used wired or
>bluetooth but doesn't say if the phone can be charged in the holder, which
>is what I need.

Only if using a compatible holder, which the CR-1 for the 6630 isn't.
You'd have to plug a charger lead in every time manually.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 12:23:44 PM

"Sam" <sam@toomuch.spam> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:38:13 -0000, "NoSpam" <NoSpam@nospam.net>
> wrote:
>
>>> No good, it's bluetooth only like the 6260, 7610 etc even though it
>>> has a pop-port connector.
>>>
>>> The CR-1 holder for the 6630 does not have a bridged pop-port
>>> connector (nor does it support an antenna coupler) like the MBC-15S so
>>> you can't connect the CARK-126/CK-7W system cable, well you could
>>> probably connect the system cable directly to the phone, but I
>>> wouldn't recommend it as it will damage the cable over time and maybe
>>> the phone and I'm not sure it would work personally.
>>>
>>> Blame Nokia for their design oversights.
>>
>>When I got the 7210 then the 7250i, and then the 6820 (all of which I used
>>in the car kit) I was told that the POP port was the connector for all
>>future Nokia's and therefore no accessories (including car kits) would
>>ever
>>be useless!
>
> Well I haven't seen a Nokia series 60 device that has been compatible
> with pop-port carkits yet.
>
>>So does the CK-7W kit do the job properly? It says it can be used wired
>>or
>>bluetooth but doesn't say if the phone can be charged in the holder, which
>>is what I need.
>
> Only if using a compatible holder, which the CR-1 for the 6630 isn't.
> You'd have to plug a charger lead in every time manually.

Accoridng to Nokia the CR-1 is the only holder available. Can't believe
they release a phone with an available car kit and holder but no means of
charging it in the holder!
December 17, 2004 10:16:21 PM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:23:44 -0000, "NoSpam" <NoSpam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>"Sam" <sam@toomuch.spam> wrote in message

>>>When I got the 7210 then the 7250i, and then the 6820 (all of which I used
>>>in the car kit) I was told that the POP port was the connector for all
>>>future Nokia's and therefore no accessories (including car kits) would
>>>ever
>>>be useless!
>>
>> Well I haven't seen a Nokia series 60 device that has been compatible
>> with pop-port carkits yet.
>>
>>>So does the CK-7W kit do the job properly? It says it can be used wired
>>>or
>>>bluetooth but doesn't say if the phone can be charged in the holder, which
>>>is what I need.
>>
>> Only if using a compatible holder, which the CR-1 for the 6630 isn't.
>> You'd have to plug a charger lead in every time manually.
>
>Accoridng to Nokia the CR-1 is the only holder available. Can't believe
>they release a phone with an available car kit and holder but no means of
>charging it in the holder!

Been going this way for a while, the 6600 and MBC-19 comes to mind. I
guess you can count yourself lucky that they even offer a basic
holder. Now I did say offer because it's not available yet.
!