Sign in with
Your question

GPU AND PSU!!!

Last response: in Systems
November 20, 2012 7:16:23 AM

Okay guys i was looking on my GPU specs and it says "minimum PSU 500W" now previous to seeing that i was going to buy a 550W psu is that enough for it?

Here is the build

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/om0y

I have no idea if a 550w will be enough to power that system.

More about : gpu psu

November 20, 2012 7:25:40 AM

yes..it's enough..

don't worry. go for it..:) 
November 20, 2012 7:29:15 AM

Quaddro said:
yes..it's enough..

don't worry. go for it..:) 

Hope thats true :p  was just kinda worried since the GPU is slightly OC'D
Related resources
November 20, 2012 7:31:21 AM

It says minimum of 500W, that figure includes powering the CPU (worst case scenario of an AMD 125W) and that its a horrible generic PSU that actually outputs less than what it says. 550W is plenty for a single card rig, even with everything overclocked.
November 20, 2012 7:34:14 AM

manofchalk said:
It says minimum of 500W, that figure includes powering the CPU (worst case scenario of an AMD 125W) and that its a horrible generic PSU that actually outputs less than what it says. 550W is plenty for a single card rig, even with everything overclocked.

Thanks alot guy's :D  wouldn't know what to do at all without your help and other members i am not ordering the parts till the 28th so i think ill post a thread checking if this builds set to go on the 28th i can't afford to *** up here :p  all my spending money from my wage is going into this :p  i can upgrade the psu and such in the future.

Thanks alot guys :D 
!