Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need experts opinion on my first own build gaming rig

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 20, 2012 9:40:27 AM


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard ---Rs. 10660

Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor ---Rs. 16324

MSI AMD R7850 Power Edition 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card ---Rs. 15120

WD Scorpio Blue 320 GB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (WD3200LPVT) ---Rs. 3037

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler ---Rs. 2211

Corsair CMPSU-600GUK 600 Watts PSU ---Rs. 5246

Corsair 300R ---Rs. 4560

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) ---Rs. 3201


Total ---Rs. 64598

In the above mentioned config, my main concern is about

1.How well the (MOBO, GPU & CPU) combo is going to work out?

2.Will this be enough to play games at least for another 3 years?

3.The final thing is that, my max budget is 60k and the ones which i have selected is 4.5k more than my budget and now i need to compromise with any one of these items so that the total wont exceed 60k.


Please advise me on this....

Thanks in advance.... :)  :hello:  :) 
November 20, 2012 12:45:37 PM

You should change hard drive, that appears to be laptop version. Seagate Barracuda may be cheapest of fast drives.
You should change RAM. If you want 8GB, it should be a pair 2x4GB. Also CMZ is not ideal. You should use low profile RAM, like Corsair CML. I presume you are in India. GSKill Ares RAM is suitable and often at good price.
Your processor seems a bit expensive, you may be able to find better deal. I priced one, for someone in India, a few days ago. Can't remember site, but possibly flipkart, at 13051 Rs.
Everything else should work together. You don't strictly NEED 600w. Just over 500, maybe 520w would be ok, but whether you can get good quality, at that rating, any cheaper, I don't know. Don't be tempted to get a rubbish one, to save money, it will cost you more, in the end. Sometimes, Seasonic (they are good), have good prices in India. They do a couple at 520w.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 12:46:05 PM

1. I don't see why the MOBO, GPU and CPU wouldn't work well together.
2. Yes. Not at ultra, but you should be able to do a fair bit better than minimum specs
3. If the cpu is boxed you could ditch the CPU cooler for a bit. Just don't OC untill you have the money to buy one. Possibly going for the Z77 Pro3 Mobo if you are not planning on using the extra flexibility the extreme offers.

I am confused with your choice of Hard drive. It will get the job done, don't get me wrong. It's just a curious choice.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 1:41:23 PM

Oops!!! dint see that its a Laptop Hard drive... will change it to Seagate Barracuda
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 1:56:05 PM

Maarsch said:
1. I don't see why the MOBO, GPU and CPU wouldn't work well together.
2. Yes. Not at ultra, but you should be able to do a fair bit better than minimum specs
3. If the cpu is boxed you could ditch the CPU cooler for a bit. Just don't OC untill you have the money to buy one. Possibly going for the Z77 Pro3 Mobo if you are not planning on using the extra flexibility the extreme offers.

I am confused with your choice of Hard drive. It will get the job done, don't get me wrong. It's just a curious choice.




3.The CPU does comes boxed. So i have removed the third party CPU cooler and will be using the one that comes with box... I am not planning to OC at least for 6 months after i purchase.

Will that (Intel Cooler) be enough if i do prolonged gaming??
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 2:05:12 PM

malbluff said:
You should change hard drive, that appears to be laptop version. Seagate Barracuda may be cheapest of fast drives.
You should change RAM. If you want 8GB, it should be a pair 2x4GB. Also CMZ is not ideal. You should use low profile RAM, like Corsair CML. I presume you are in India. GSKill Ares RAM is suitable and often at good price.
Your processor seems a bit expensive, you may be able to find better deal. I priced one, for someone in India, a few days ago. Can't remember site, but possibly flipkart, at 13051 Rs.
Everything else should work together. You don't strictly NEED 600w. Just over 500, maybe 520w would be ok, but whether you can get good quality, at that rating, any cheaper, I don't know. Don't be tempted to get a rubbish one, to save money, it will cost you more, in the end. Sometimes, Seasonic (they are good), have good prices in India. They do a couple at 520w.



Thanks for the suggestion...

Based on your reply i have done some changes,

1.Hard disk - Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002)
2.PSU - Cooler Master Extreme II 525 Watts PSU
3.RAM - G.Skill Sniper DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR)
4.Removed the CPU cooler and planning to use the one that comes with box based on another user (Maarsch) suggestion
5.Can i replace the CPU with i5 2500k which will cost me only Rs. 13375 ? if yes, then which MOBO do i need to use?

Please give me your feed back on this :) 

P.S Yes, I'm from India & i'm getting all these parts from FLIPKART.com
m
0
l

Best solution

November 20, 2012 2:33:13 PM

You can use the i5-2500K, it's only about 7% weaker than the 3570K, but several things should be changed. The ideal motherboard is Z68. The 2500K only has native support for 1333MHz RAM. Also, because it uses more power, you should go back to your Corsair PSU. Having said that, I'm not too sure about the Coolermaster one, anyway. Some Coolermaster PSUs are better than others, and I'm honestly not sure if that is one of the better ones. Someone else, with more knowledge of them, may be able to advise.
As mentioned the stock cooler is normally ok, unless you overclock. Is there an issue with ambient temperature? If you have air conditioning, it won't be a problem, but if environment is hot, bearing in mind it's India, stock cooler MAY struggle, a bit, even without overclocking.

Personally, I think, if you are struggling with i5-3570K, and budget, it may be better to drop overclocking of CPU, altogether. If you used either i5-3450, or i5-3470, you could use a H77 motherboard, and wouldn't need cooler. You could use 1600MHz RAM, and 500w, like a Corsair, and it would all be a lot cheaper. You would lose a bit of potential performance, but really not more so than going down to i5-2500K, and, if it frees up enough money, so you could get, even a slightly better GPU, you may even get BETTER overall performance.
Share
November 27, 2012 4:50:16 PM

malbluff said:
You can use the i5-2500K, it's only about 7% weaker than the 3570K, but several things should be changed. The ideal motherboard is Z68. The 2500K only has native support for 1333MHz RAM. Also, because it uses more power, you should go back to your Corsair PSU. Having said that, I'm not too sure about the Coolermaster one, anyway. Some Coolermaster PSUs are better than others, and I'm honestly not sure if that is one of the better ones. Someone else, with more knowledge of them, may be able to advise.
As mentioned the stock cooler is normally ok, unless you overclock. Is there an issue with ambient temperature? If you have air conditioning, it won't be a problem, but if environment is hot, bearing in mind it's India, stock cooler MAY struggle, a bit, even without overclocking.

Personally, I think, if you are struggling with i5-3570K, and budget, it may be better to drop overclocking of CPU, altogether. If you used either i5-3450, or i5-3470, you could use a H77 motherboard, and wouldn't need cooler. You could use 1600MHz RAM, and 500w, like a Corsair, and it would all be a lot cheaper. You would lose a bit of potential performance, but really not more so than going down to i5-2500K, and, if it frees up enough money, so you could get, even a slightly better GPU, you may even get BETTER overall performance.



Thanks a lot dude...

I took your suggestion and ordered the following,

GPU - HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6870 IceQ X GPU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM

CPU - i5-3450

MOBO - Intel DH77EB Motherboard (im little confused whether this board is ok or i should get the same chipset from another manufacturer like ASUS/ASROCK)

PSU - Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU

CABINET - Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet (Silver)

HDD - WD Caviar Blue 250 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD2500AAKX)

TOTAL - Rs.41500 (754$)


This has saved me lots of money.... :) 


I know its a mid range config, but still i wanna ask this...

Will this be enough to play all the games that will released in next three years??? :D  (at-least with medium settings)
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 6:45:36 PM

Apologies for delay, have been without internet for couple of days. All should be fine. The only potential issue, I see, is if in hot environment, you may need to upgrade/add case fan, but that's something you can try, with stock fan, and upgrade it, IF it needs more.
Can't really advice on Intel mobo. In UK and rarely use them here. The ASRock H77 Pro4's are ok, even their H77M, although it only has 2 RAM slots, if you have concerns about the Intel.
m
0
l
November 30, 2012 11:42:07 AM

Best answer selected by dines1988.
m
0
l
November 30, 2012 11:44:04 AM

malbluff said:
Apologies for delay, have been without internet for couple of days. All should be fine. The only potential issue, I see, is if in hot environment, you may need to upgrade/add case fan, but that's something you can try, with stock fan, and upgrade it, IF it needs more.
Can't really advice on Intel mobo. In UK and rarely use them here. The ASRock H77 Pro4's are ok, even their H77M, although it only has 2 RAM slots, if you have concerns about the Intel.



np....thanks for the reply...:) 
m
0
l
!